Passport Query

Old Jul 1st 2003, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Query

My wife has dual nationality (British/Australian) and has recently aqquired her first Australian Passport.
We are going on holiday to Florida later this year and her British Passport has been sent off to enable our children to get Citizenship Certificates. We understand this may take up to ten weeks to process which is getting dangerously close to when we go on holiday, as a back up, if her British Passport does'nt come back in time, she plans to use her new Australian Passport to travel to America. Our question is, can anyone see any problems with this? I mean does she need a visa in her Oz Passport to travel to America?
Old Jul 1st 2003, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

chch is an unknown quantity at this point

No, she won't need a visa in her Australian passport as she can enter the US and remain there for 90 days without a visa under the Visa Waiver scheme.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Meretta is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a law in Australia you may hold 2 passports, but you must use the Australian one to enter and leave Australia. I don't know if it's the same for the UK or not, maybe you should check.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

I could be totally wrong her but can Australians enter UK without a visa, because when she returns from Florida she will be presenting an Ozzie passport to regain entry to the UK.

Without her British passport their is no evidence that she has British citizenship. Just something that struck me and I don't know the rules.
Enjoy your holiday.