Passport photos

Old Apr 13th 2010, 3:53 am
Just Joined

cjtayl89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport photos

Hello everyone,

I'm a American citizen living in Sydney, Australia, but I'm applying for my British passport (my father's from England), and I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that does passport photos that are up to British standards. I got some done at the post office and sent them in, but they weren't good enough.
Does anyone know of a photographer or studio that is familiar with the standards for British passport photos?

Many thanks,
Claire Taylor
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport photos

I just went to the local chemist and got them done... just explain it’s not for an Australian passport and show them the details of the British form.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Smartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud ofSmartinis has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cjtayl89
Hello everyone,

I'm a American citizen living in Sydney, Australia, but I'm applying for my British passport (my father's from England), and I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that does passport photos that are up to British standards. I got some done at the post office and sent them in, but they weren't good enough.
Does anyone know of a photographer or studio that is familiar with the standards for British passport photos?

Many thanks,
Claire Taylor
Go back to the Australia Post Office, they take UK passport photos and just stipulate that they are for a UK one, they have the necessary template and should make sure they are right before they give them to you. Saves a lot of hassle, UK ones have to be smaller than Aussie ones.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smartinis
Saves a lot of hassle, UK ones have to be smaller than Aussie ones.
Not completely true - it is possible to have photos that match both the UK and Australian requirements.

UK photo requirements
Aus photo requirements
Old Apr 13th 2010, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

The BHC website has a list of places which guarantee a suitable passport pic.

I went to one and they measured the face with a plastic overlay...if it was not suitable they redo until it is. Cost 15bucks at the approved pharmacy.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your help everyone!
Old Apr 13th 2010, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Wait- which BHC website? I'm not familiar with that.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Kmart do them, they have the templates as well.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjtayl89
Wait- which BHC website? I'm not familiar with that.
British High Commission....oops now seems to be
http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/h...als/passports/