Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passport Photographs For New Born Child!!!

Passport Photographs For New Born Child!!!

Old Nov 6th 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Passport Photographs For New Born Child!!!

Originally Posted by amanda76
what do you mean?

it maybe me im tired
When we sent our Visa app, we specifically asked if we were able to use digital cameras and were told they had to be actual photo's and not digital
Old Nov 6th 2005, 7:45 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh thanks i understand now!!!

silly me...........

i wonder how they know though??? anyway for my visa application i used photobooth ones anyway!

thanks
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:45 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Australian guidelines
http://www.passports.gov.au/Web/requ...ts/photos.aspx
British guidelines
http://bhc.britaus.net/uploadedFiles...rt%20Photo.pdf

And getting a baby to do this is a nightmare. I reckon we took 100 photos to get an acceptable one. Even then the post office clerk questioned whether the background was too grey and referred to the manager.

According the British guidelines digital photos at 1200dpi are acceptable. Digital photos should not be altered but I am sure cropping is acceptable.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

We applied for Aussie passports for the kids recently. I took in all the completed application forms to the post office, with what I thought were pretty good digital pics taken at home against a plain background, but they were not allowed - you can't use digital pics they said, new rules. The faces also have to be within a certain measurement (with allowances made for babies) and no smiling, hair away from the face etc. The post office is the best place to have the photos done - the counter clerks know what the requirements are and they have a camera set up specifically for passport photos. It cost about $10 each child I think, and it took several goes to get pictures that were exactly right for the guidelines, but they only charged for the one photo each, thankfully.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

Some people might think its easy, but some kids just wont do it no matter how much you plead with them. This I believe was after the 16th attempt when he made it clear he was not game.

And its not just the kids, how about getting those pet passports done. I know we all try and look nice for the camera, but Mutley was just going too far this time.....
Attached Thumbnails Passport Photographs For New Born Child!!!-babyfinger.jpg   Passport Photographs For New Born Child!!!-yoda_dog.jpg  
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:24 am
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi,

We are facing problems in catching up photographs for Australian passport for our new born child?

We have no control over the infant child and she changes her mood very frequently and quickly.We went to photographers and they have already given up. We are still confused how to resolve this problem, and catch photographs for her passports upto the Aussie standards...

Please comment and suggest in this regard.

Cheeers
We laid her on a white blanket and took a few digital photos, then printed out. was accepted no problems.

Vics xx
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:48 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
When we sent our Visa app, we specifically asked if we were able to use digital cameras and were told they had to be actual photo's and not digital
I used digital photos for our visa application and we've both got the visas. DIMIA won't know if they are digital or not. Just print them on photo paper.

When they told you they had to be "actual photos not digital", they probably meant they had to be printed out copies not emailed copies.

Gina
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GinaUK
I used digital photos for our visa application and we've both got the visas. DIMIA won't know if they are digital or not. Just print them on photo paper.

When they told you they had to be "actual photos not digital", they probably meant they had to be printed out copies not emailed copies.

Gina
Maybe Just didn't want to risk :scared: the application over £21 for photo's
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:48 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

SIMPLE; When i took my then, 4 month old to Australia, I found that several photo shops who do passport photos have mats for baby photos. Ly them down and the photo is taken in a second. It was accepted.

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi,

We are facing problems in catching up photographs for Australian passport for our new born child?

We have no control over the infant child and she changes her mood very frequently and quickly.We went to photographers and they have already given up. We are still confused how to resolve this problem, and catch photographs for her passports upto the Aussie standards...

Please comment and suggest in this regard.

Cheeers
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:39 am
‹(•¿•)›

Superstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond repute

We are going through the baby passport photo thing at the moment and have taken loads of pictures to end up with probably three that would be acceptable.
The problem we have is how to print them out at the correct size...???
They have to be 35mm X 45mm I don't have any flashy software on the computer...Do I need some? or is there a way of resising them using another method?
HELP!!!
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Superstar
We are going through the baby passport photo thing at the moment and have taken loads of pictures to end up with probably three that would be acceptable.
The problem we have is how to print them out at the correct size...???
They have to be 35mm X 45mm I don't have any flashy software on the computer...Do I need some? or is there a way of resising them using another method?
HELP!!!
Try www.first4fotos.com, you just upload to their site, make you selection of passport size print and it all arrives in your mailbox a day or two later. I'm not great with computer and don't have any flashy software, and I did this.