Reload this Page >

Passport & Flight

Passport & Flight

Old Sep 8th 2003, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Burnsy74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport & Flight

Hi All,
Myself and the Girlfriend have been issued with our PR visas for Oz and have booked our flights for travel in December. We're flying Singapore Airlines on there migrants fare. We're getting married in October therefore the boss needs her passport changed and her visa transfered to the new passport. Has anybody done this and is it straight forward? Also will the airline have a problem with this when we turn up at the airport as they took details of her old passport with visa?
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 5:31 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport & Flight

Originally posted by Burnsy74
Hi All,
Myself and the Girlfriend have been issued with our PR visas for Oz and have booked our flights for travel in December. We're flying Singapore Airlines on there migrants fare. We're getting married in October therefore the boss needs her passport changed and her visa transfered to the new passport. Has anybody done this and is it straight forward? Also will the airline have a problem with this when we turn up at the airport as they took details of her old passport with visa?
Thanks in advance.
Your wife doesn't need to change her name after marriage and using the old passport + visa wouldn't be a problem.

Assuming she adopts your surname, it is simple but just costs money + time to buy a new passport and get a new visa sticker for the new passport. You just need to provide evidence to DIMIA, eg marriage certificate etc.

Airline will understand, if you have evidence in reserve it might help. Take along the old passport and a copy of the marriage cert.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 5:36 pm
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Burnsy,
Sorry i cant help you with your question but I'm interested in this migrants fair you mentioned with Singapore was this a discounted fair? Where are you flying to and how much was it if you dont mind me asking?
Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2003, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

the number one issue is to make sure the airline ticket and the passport are in the same name. If she books the ticket in her married name she will have to get a new passport.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 7:15 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: Passport & Flight

Originally posted by Burnsy74
Hi All,
Thanks in advance.
Hi Burnsy...
i got married in july, i kept my maiden name for the sole purpose of not wanting to change details on passports and other stuff..seemed to make more sense to keep mine and then change once we are over in australia..
good luck
Johanne ( another burnsy also )
Old Sep 8th 2003, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Burnsy74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr2blue
Hi Burnsy,
Sorry i cant help you with your question but I'm interested in this migrants fair you mentioned with Singapore was this a discounted fair? Where are you flying to and how much was it if you dont mind me asking?
Cheers
mr2blue
Migrant fair was £540 each one way from Belfast to Melbourne via Heathrow in late December. Luggage allowance of 40Kgs each.