Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passport expiry - please help!

Passport expiry - please help!

Old May 3rd 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default Passport expiry - please help!

I'm due to fly to Uk beginning of June this year, my passport expires in October of this year, therefore I can't fly can I?????????? You have to have at least 6 months left on it don't you, woke up at 5 am in a blind panic, can anyone help.....

How do you renew your UK passport over here and how long does it take, qantas never asked me nor informed me of the six month grace on uk passport, am I panicking for nothing??????????

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going for a shower back in 10, anyone?
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

brisbymob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport expiry - please help!

Originally Posted by honeybob
I'm due to fly to Uk beginning of June this year, my passport expires in October of this year, therefore I can't fly can I?????????? You have to have at least 6 months left on it don't you, woke up at 5 am in a blind panic, can anyone help.....

How do you renew your UK passport over here and how long does it take, qantas never asked me nor informed me of the six month grace on uk passport, am I panicking for nothing??????????

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going for a shower back in 10, anyone?
Try this www.bhc.britaus.net/passports
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

brisbymob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brisbymob
ach ,sorry this should help. http://bhc.britaus.net/passports/pas...ault.asp?id=79
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:08 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

The 6 month requirement is for certain countries I believe.

Look here.
Old May 4th 2006, 2:16 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

It took my sons passport just over 3 weeks to be returned. How long are you going to the UK for....you could perhaps renew it while you are there
Old May 4th 2006, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of

Mate, I had the EXACT same problem! My passport expires in December, but I wanted to fly back to UK for a visit in July/August. I checked with all the Australia government offices, with the UK government, with the travel agent and with the Flight company, and all of which told me as long as my passport is still valid, I will be able to fly whenever I wish (as long as I don't return after expiry!)

I have now booked my flights, and can't wait to go visit my mates! I already have 4 21st birthday celebrations to go to, so that should fill my alcohol quota for the year...

LOL
Old May 28th 2006, 3:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdt3000
Mate, I had the EXACT same problem! My passport expires in December, but I wanted to fly back to UK for a visit in July/August. I checked with all the Australia government offices, with the UK government, with the travel agent and with the Flight company, and all of which told me as long as my passport is still valid, I will be able to fly whenever I wish (as long as I don't return after expiry!)
For the UK and Australia there is no "6 month rule" if you are a British citizen with Australian PR. However some countries in the Far East do have a "6 month rule" and it means you will not be able to stop-over there. If you are just going to transit airside, you might be ok, but get something in writing from the airline as if they refuse boarding, you'll be in a mess.