Reload this Page >

Passport Expired

Passport Expired

Old Jan 4th 2005, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Bella3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Expired

Hi all,

Well I've just realised my passport has expired. Am trying to work out how to renew it - this is what I have come up with so far, any confirmation or advice would be gratefully received.

Complete form C1 from the Foreign and Commonwealth office as I am a British citizen living overseas (with permanent residence status in Oz).
Get 'nice' passport photos done - can anyone suggest somewhere, do they have those crappy little booths here like they have in the UK?
Take the form and the fee of $163 in cash to the British Consular in Perth.

Now do I need to take my old passport? Will they let me keep this as my visa is in it?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 4:24 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Passport Expired

Originally Posted by Bella3
Hi all,

Well I've just realised my passport has expired. Am trying to work out how to renew it - this is what I have come up with so far, any confirmation or advice would be gratefully received.

Complete form C1 from the Foreign and Commonwealth office as I am a British citizen living overseas (with permanent residence status in Oz).
Get 'nice' passport photos done - can anyone suggest somewhere, do they have those crappy little booths here like they have in the UK?

Now do I need to take my old passport? Will they let me keep this as my visa is in it?

Thanks in advance.
I got passport photos for my divers card done in a chemist with a photo section - took about 2 mins.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 4:27 am
rudo1ph

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

We are in NSW and we just sent everything we needed to the British High Commission in Canberra. I sent off my old passport - they need that as evidence of who you are etc etc, but they clip the corner off it (except the page with the visa in) and send it back to you with the new passport.

Rudi

Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I've not noticed many passport photo booths in Sydney, nothing like on the scale of the UK.

The following page is from the UK Passport Service but probably also applies to the British High Commission:
http://www.passports.gov.uk/press_050804.asp
Apparently, smiling is now a no-no.

Thanks in advance.
Your old passport should be returned to you. If you go to the DIMIA office they may (or they may not) be able to give you a new printed visa label in your new passport. If they can't, they'll tell you it's ok to travel with visa in the old passport (ie with both old and new passports).

And it is ok as far as DIMIA is concerned, the problem sometimes arises when airline staff don't know this. Some do, there have been reports that others don't. People have experienced delays checking in for Australia bound flights as a result (sometimes causing missed flights).

Jeremy
Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:17 am
rudo1ph

Originally Posted by JAJ
I've not noticed many passport photo booths in Sydney, nothing like on the scale of the UK.

The following page is from the UK Passport Service but probably also applies to the British High Commission:
http://www.passports.gov.uk/press_050804.asp
Apparently, smiling is now a no-no.

Your old passport should be returned to you. If you go to the DIMIA office they may (or they may not) be able to give you a new printed visa label in your new passport. If they can't, they'll tell you it's ok to travel with visa in the old passport (ie with both old and new passports).

And it is ok as far as DIMIA is concerned, the problem sometimes arises when airline staff don't know this. Some do, there have been reports that others don't. People have experienced delays checking in for Australia bound flights as a result (sometimes causing missed flights).

Jeremy

When I got my new passport back there was also a leaflet issued by DIMIA with the regulations on carrying your old passport along with your new on as evidence. I've clipped this into my old passport just in case the question ever arises.

Rudi

Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:58 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
I used a digital camera and arranged the photos 4 across and 2 down. Printed 4"x6" and and looked alright. Only cost 40C. Lighting was the hardest thing. Had to use the room light, flash with tissue on it and daylight otherwise there were shadows everywhere.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

I used the local Fujifilm shop. Just about acceptable.

Lesley