Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passport details

Passport details

Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

kelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant future
Default Passport details

We have just recieved a letter from our case officer requesting that we send copies of the personal details of our passport and any stamps/authorisations. On our original application it only asked us to send copies of any nonblank pages which at the time we did not have any it did not ask for the personal details page. We have since been to Australia and i understand that is the reason to send copies of the nonblank pages. Has anyone else had to send the personal particulars page. Also my husband has only got 15 months left on his passport would i be better to renew it now before sending the particulars?
My son who did not come to Australia with us and has not got any nonblank pages, left his passport in his clothes and i washed it obviously it has now got water stains on it should i replace it now as well?
any advice welcome
The Kelmans
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Passport details

I photocopied the whole thing, blank and non-blank pages, and got them all certifed.

SS
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

triple_eee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
I photocopied the whole thing, blank and non-blank pages, and got them all certifed.

SS
I don't wish to go to the expence of certifying every passport page of all 4 passports. Is a nonblank page a page that has something on it, i.e. passport details page

I'm just getting my particulars together for my application. I read that 2yr remaining on a passport is recommended, so i actually had to get a new one for my daughter which had 14 month remaining. i don't know how strict this request is.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by triple_eee
I don't wish to go to the expence of certifying every passport page of all 4 passports. Is a nonblank page a page that has something on it, i.e. passport details page

I'm just getting my particulars together for my application. I read that 2yr remaining on a passport is recommended, so i actually had to get a new one for my daughter which had 14 month remaining. i don't know how strict this request is.
We were told (after the fact & after spending £220 on getting our doc's certified) that you can go to a Justice of the peace and get this done free as they are not allowed to charge...............

.............How true this is I don't know, but worth checking out!!!

Tabby
Old Jan 20th 2005, 7:31 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Doh, Doh, Doh.

I hope you are joking.

That's all I'm going to say!

Mark
Old Jan 20th 2005, 7:41 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=markeh]Doh, Doh, Doh.

I agree.

The form/booklet asks for non-blank pages but also for the passport biodata page which is the page with your personal details. If you have no stamped pages it is simple-you have no stamped pages!! You can hardly send something you haven't got. As for washing your sons passport, why on earth was it there in the first place, surely you check pockets and if you forgot, why is something as important as a passport left in a pocket anyway? If it's damaged then it's obvious you'll need a replacement.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:41 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
We were told (after the fact & after spending £220 on getting our doc's certified) that you can go to a Justice of the peace and get this done free as they are not allowed to charge...............

Tabby
You need to shop around, it makes a big difference. Our local magistrates court wanted £8/page (21 pages) but Coventry magistrates court were willing to do it for £8/person (3 of us). The trouble with Cov court was I had to make a payment to Birmingham and the debit card line was permanently engaged.

Our usual solicitor originally quoted £20/page but that is only if you insist on a Notary Public doing it, so they quoted £5/page for a solicitor to do it. After getting several other solicitors to quote at around £150 - £200 we found one that did it for £70. As they are next door to where my wife works we went for that one.

The best option, of course, is to have a friend who is a magistrate or solicitor who will do it for nothing (or maybe a bottle of something)
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 11:33 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
You need to shop around, it makes a big difference. Our local magistrates court wanted £8/page (21 pages) but Coventry magistrates court were willing to do it for £8/person (3 of us). The trouble with Cov court was I had to make a payment to Birmingham and the debit card line was permanently engaged.

Our usual solicitor originally quoted £20/page but that is only if you insist on a Notary Public doing it, so they quoted £5/page for a solicitor to do it. After getting several other solicitors to quote at around £150 - £200 we found one that did it for £70. As they are next door to where my wife works we went for that one.

The best option, of course, is to have a friend who is a magistrate or solicitor who will do it for nothing (or maybe a bottle of something)

"Shopping around" is definitely the key! I also phoned the magistrates court and lots of solicitors and got quotes similar to those mentioned above. Eventually I found a solicitor who did the whole lot for £10 (16 original documents with a total of 24 pages).

Over the phone they quoted me £2 per document, but when I got there and she saw the actual documents and photocopied pages, she said she would do it for £10.

In case anyone wants to know, the firm is: Hall Pratt & Pritchard, 9 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, tel (01902) 427 142, and ask for Mrs Brakewell.

Gina
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 12:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby

Tabby
Magistrates will do it for free. I went to the court in Crawley on a wednesday morning & the magistrate certified my documents before court started. He was very helpful & friendly & there was no charge. There were 2 other people there getting documents certified for Australia as well.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 6:09 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelman
Also my husband has only got 15 months left on his passport would i be better to renew it now before sending the particulars?
My son who did not come to Australia with us and has not got any nonblank pages, left his passport in his clothes and i washed it obviously it has now got water stains on it should i replace it now as well?
any advice welcome
The Kelmans

I would replace both passports now.

Jeremy