Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passport after the citizenship ceremony

Passport after the citizenship ceremony

Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:09 am
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default Passport after the citizenship ceremony

How long it take to issue Passport after citizenship ceremony?!
can i apply immidiatly after the citizenship ceremony? or i need to give them some time till they update my records as Australian?!!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:19 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport after the citizenship ceremony

Originally Posted by NewOZ
How long it take to issue Passport after citizenship ceremony?!
can i apply immidiatly after the citizenship ceremony? or i need to give them some time till they update my records as Australian?!!
You will need to wait until you receive your certificate of citizenship (couple of weeks or so).

Also check out this website:

www.passports.gov.au

Hope that helps
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
You will need to wait until you receive your certificate of citizenship (couple of weeks or so).

Also check out this website:

www.passports.gov.au

Hope that helps
you mean couple of weeks after the ceremoney?!!!!
i am travelling after couple of weeks of the ceremony!!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:03 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

you mean couple of weeks after the ceremoney?!!!!
i am travelling after couple of weeks of the ceremony!!!!!
Then you will need to travel on your UK passport and get a return resident stamp in it or take your citizen certificate with you, or reschedule your travel plans. I suggest you contact the passport people via that weblink i gave you and see what they say. You can get a speeded up passport but without the certificate of citizenship I don't see how you will qualify for an Australian passport.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:06 am
Jedi Princess

Then you will need to travel on your UK passport and get a return resident stamp in it or take your citizen certificate with you, or reschedule your travel plans. I suggest you contact the passport people via that weblink i gave you and see what they say. You can get a speeded up passport but without the certificate of citizenship I don't see how you will qualify for an Australian passport.
Also suggest you contact dimia:

www.dimia.gov.au

They may be able to speed things up for you if you explain circumstances.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:19 am
Banned

Also suggest you contact dimia:

www.dimia.gov.au

They may be able to speed things up for you if you explain circumstances.
how long it takes to get the passport after recieving the certificate?!!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

You get your certificate at your ceremony, so you can apply for a passport immediately after that. Can't remember how long it takes to receive the passport but I think you can ask to have it done express!! Costs tho'.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Gibbo
You get your certificate at your ceremony, so you can apply for a passport immediately after that. Can't remember how long it takes to receive the passport but I think you can ask to have it done express!! Costs tho'.
Really?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the certificate on the ceremony
yesssssssssssssssss
i dont think the passport will take more than 1 week , isnt it?!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:50 am
Banned

can any one confirm are we taking the certificate in the ceremoney or 2 weeks after the ceremony!!!!?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:56 am
Jedi Princess

You get your certificate at your ceremony, so you can apply for a passport immediately after that.
I didn't but then I didn't attend a scheduled ceremony. I had a private ceremony with the local mayor and my certificate took 3 weeks I think, to arrive.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

CarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant future

can any one confirm are we taking the certificate in the ceremoney or 2 weeks after the ceremony!!!!?
I just had my ceremony and I got my certificate there and then (together with a plant, a mug, enrolment to vote, a cup of coffee and morning tea). I can't say whether this is the same everywhere.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:06 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by CarlaA
I just had my ceremony and I got my certificate there and then (together with a plant, a mug, enrolment to vote, a cup of coffee and morning tea). I can't say whether this is the same everywhere.
I'm thinking if it is a scheduled citizenship ceremony (a date the council schedule) the you are correct. If it is a private ceremony then it's different. I did get a rather nice pen, key ring and teaspoon lol.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

CarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant futureCarlaA has a brilliant future

I'm thinking if it is a scheduled citizenship ceremony (a date the council schedule) the you are correct. If it is a private ceremony then it's different. I did get a rather nice pen, key ring and teaspoon lol.
Mine was a council scheduled ceremony, so you're probably right. Glad you got the collectables!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by CarlaA
Mine was a council scheduled ceremony, so you're probably right. Glad you got the collectables!
so u got the certificate in the ceremony
how long it take to get the passport?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:23 pm
Jedi Princess

so u got the certificate in the ceremony
how long it take to get the passport?
Once you get your certificate you can apply for a fast processing of your passport application. Takes about 3 working days but costs more. Take a look at that site that explains this.

www.passports.gov.au

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.