Passed Tra!!!

Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

The Clampets is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Passed Tra!!!

Finally looks as though things are moving, December last year we received our TRA pass, in January we received State Nomination from Victoria, This month we received State nomination from Adelaide as well.
Which state to go for, any ideas????.
We thought we'd cover all our bases by applying for two states, following our Agents advice, assuming that if we were refused by one we had a chance at the other, we can't manage to get over there for about 4 months because of work commitments, anybody in the forum have any suggestions?
Old Feb 28th 2005, 7:11 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passed Tra!!!

Not sure which one you should go for, you need to research really to see which area would be best for you BUT if you have STNI in SA you can live in Adelaide, if you have STNI for Victoria you cant live in Melbourne but have to live in the smaller towns.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:14 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Not sure which one you should go for, you need to research really to see which area would be best for you BUT if you have STNI in SA you can live in Adelaide, if you have STNI for Victoria you cant live in Melbourne but have to live in the smaller towns.
Isn't that just for SIR not STNI?
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:15 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevinl
Isn't that just for SIR not STNI?
I think it's for both as they're both state sponsored.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Passed Tra!!!

Originally Posted by bridiej
I think it's for both as they're both state sponsored.

Hi Bridie
To my understanding from our agents we have been told we can live anywhere in Victoria, but their are some restrictions. does any body know what they are. Becky and Ian (The Clampets )
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:22 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Clampets
Hi Bridie
To my understanding from our agents we have been told we can live anywhere in Victoria, but their are some restrictions. does any body know what they are. Becky and Ian (The Clampets )
As I understand it, the STNI visa has only one restriction and that is you must agree to live and work in the state for 2 years, it is a PR visa.
You can live anywere and work as anything as long as it is within the state.
We have a nomination from Victoria and this is how I read it.

The SIR is a temp visa and has lots of restrictions and conditions and may lead to an STNI or other PR visa...... or may not.

Kevin
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Smile

Ta For replys.
Any information on Victoria/ Adelaide would be greatly received.

Ian and Becky.