Pass Mark for Onshore Overseas Student

Pass Mark for Onshore Overseas Student

Old Jul 31st 2002, 1:22 pm
pap
Forum Regular

pap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pass Mark for Onshore Overseas Student

Hi there,

I am an onshore student studying in Adelaide uni. I am getting exactly 115 (=Pass Mark).

For the onshore category, the pool mark and pass mark are both 115

I am not sure anymore if it is worthwhile applying for my PR.
Is it important to score higher than the pass mark for the application to be successful?
Old Jul 31st 2002, 3:58 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pass Mark for Onshore Overseas Student

Originally posted by pap
Is it important to score higher than the pass mark for the application to be successful?
Other than for protection against future passmark increases, having scored higher than the passmark brings no other benefit. And, in your case, your category is processed relatively quickly, and you cannot claim MODL points (which are awarded at the time the application is assessed, so MODL points aren't exactly cast in stone), so you have little to worry about if you get 115 now and lodge your application quickly, and hope that the passmark doesn't go up in the next few months.

In any case, the pool mark is sort of an illusion, since I doubt anyone would really want to submit an application if he/she only meets the pool mark and not the passmark.

Peter
Old Jul 31st 2002, 4:20 pm
Andrew

Default Re: Pass Mark for Onshore Overseas Student

Hi, This is the pass mark, not the fail mark, 115 and you are OK. "pap"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am an onshore student studying in Adelaide uni. I am getting exactly 115
    > (=Pass Mark).
    >
    > For the onshore category, the pool mark and pass mark are both 115
    >
    > I am not sure anymore if it is worthwhile applying for my PR. Is it important to
    > score higher than the pass mark for the application to be successful?
    >
    >
    >
    > --