Reload this Page >

Pass mark/nursing/job offers/sponsorship

Pass mark/nursing/job offers/sponsorship

Old Apr 1st 2004, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

nurseles is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Pass mark/nursing/job offers/sponsorship

Hello everyone,
As its stands at the moment I'd only be able to get a skilled independant visa with a job offer (which would bring me to 120 points). Does anyone out there know how easy it would be to get a job offer as a mental health nurse before I apply to get the extra 5 points needed?
Also, does anyone have any experience of being sponsored as a nurse? I hate the thought of being sponsored, getting there, hating it, and then not having any choice but to stick it out? Is there a time limit that you have to stay with the one company under the sponsored visa?
Cheers
Nurseles
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:20 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: Pass mark/nursing/job offers/sponsorship

A nurse is on the current MODL list and threfore you can apply for a skilled independant visa 136 as per usual as long as you meet all the other criteria. Check out the immigration website www.immi.gov.au I'm not an RMN but and RN and RM. However there are a couple of people on this site who are RMN's who might be able to help. The quickest way is to do a search on here. The time limit for staying with sponsorship ranges for 2-4 years dependant on the visa and personally there is no way i could have done that. Another way to go is to contact an agency and see if they would sponsor you. The same rules apply but then you would be able to move around the country etc.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 5:23 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Just seen another post on here about the points being increased to 120 and apparantly this will not happen until July 1st. If you can get your application in before then then you will have no problems.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 6:10 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nurseles
Hello everyone,
As its stands at the moment I'd only be able to get a skilled independant visa with a job offer (which would bring me to 120 points). Does anyone out there know how easy it would be to get a job offer as a mental health nurse before I apply to get the extra 5 points needed?
Also, does anyone have any experience of being sponsored as a nurse? I hate the thought of being sponsored, getting there, hating it, and then not having any choice but to stick it out? Is there a time limit that you have to stay with the one company under the sponsored visa?
Cheers
Nurseles
Echoing Rob&Lucy, get your application in now! Nurses are being fast-tracked as I understand so you may well get theough before the increase.