Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Partner Wants to go back to the UK

Partner Wants to go back to the UK

Old Feb 26th 2012, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

swans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Partner Wants to go back to the UK

Originally Posted by Big Galah
Answer's in the question.

Your partner wants to go back home?

Then let him go.

Tell him you're staying but he's free to go if he really wants.

People can react badly if you one day stand up to them and say "no", but it sounds like you need to do it.

good luck.
A bit brutal ,but possibly correct.

I had the same choice but in the UK.A wife that would come to wherever I was working in holland and germany,stay for a week,and then cry to go home,she couldn't live without her mum.

I loved Germany and it was her idea to move to OZ as she had an uncle here,it would make the move easier.

Comes the day to have final interviews and of course she wasn't going to leave her mum,she wasn't going to OZ.She wasn't going up to Edinburgh (Oz house then) to even see what they had to offer.

33 yrs ago this month iI walked out of my marriage and left a daughter and a wife,on a gut feeling it would never work,and a gut feeling there was no future for shipbuilding in the north east.

There is not a day that has passed when iI have ever doubted that I made the right choice.I would do exactly the same thing all over again.

This course of action would not be for everyone,however life is governed by the choices people make

Good luck to the other poster in the choices that have to be made.

geordie downunder
Old Feb 26th 2012, 5:40 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't certainly never leave my wife let alone a child just to live somewhere else and wife has show she shares the same feelings. Your marriage couldn't be very strong to do that sort of thing. Personally my life would be pretty empty having a young child just left on the other side of the world but we are all different.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by debs1966
I have left my daughter back in the UK which has been hard. Our son who we have together is started to enjoy school and make friends. Which he finds difficult due to the fact that he has been diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) so it has been a big leap for him to come here.

(
Hi Debs. How old is your daughter? How has she accepted things so far (or not)?