Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Partner Visa - Exceptional circumstances :(

Partner Visa - Exceptional circumstances :(

Old Jan 12th 2007, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

beattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nicebeattun is just really nice
Default Partner Visa - Exceptional circumstances :(

Hi all,

I've been here for almost 2 years on a temporary partner visa and have received all the forms for the second part. So far I've only sent off the AFP check last week and was waiting for that to come back before I send in the rest.

My Dad back in Ireland has fallen very ill and has been told he has "a couple of months" to live, so obviously I'm gearing to jet back asap for a few months to see it through and try and support my mum (I'm an only child).

My partner wants to come back with me as well.

Does anybody have any idea how this will affect my visa, or what should I do?

thanks in advance,

Brian.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa - Exceptional circumstances :(

Originally Posted by beattun
Hi all,

I've been here for almost 2 years on a temporary partner visa and have received all the forms for the second part. So far I've only sent off the AFP check last week and was waiting for that to come back before I send in the rest.

My Dad back in Ireland has fallen very ill and has been told he has "a couple of months" to live, so obviously I'm gearing to jet back asap for a few months to see it through and try and support my mum (I'm an only child).

My partner wants to come back with me as well.

Does anybody have any idea how this will affect my visa, or what should I do?

thanks in advance,

Brian.
Your PR decision should come though in 1-3 months after you are eligible for it, of all the paperwork is submitted by then, judging by timelines on the forum. Mine came through 6 weeks after the eligbile date. The temp residence part of the visa is current until a decision is made on PR, so all you need to do, is notify DIMA if you have to fly home, and let them know your contact details at home, why you are going, and when you expect to return. They can't grant the PR until you are back here, so they will just put it on hold until you are back, but you MUST let them know you are going.
Your partner can come and go on their own visa/passport - if an Aussie, no problem at all, come and go as they please. If on a PR visa - just check whether a Residents Return Visa is needed.