Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Part of aussie culture? I hope not!

Wikiposts

Part of aussie culture? I hope not!

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:10 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Part of aussie culture? I hope not!

Originally Posted by G'Day
Quinkana, I don't have much time for people who can't live with the consequences of their own choices either. As for "too little time to look around the world" it seems to me like the Ceri isn't so much interested in seeing the world as whinging about it. I thought the whole point of "looking around" the world was to expand your appreciation of the world, not to be moaning about not being home all of the time. If your heart is not in it go home and stay there - don't sit here and whinge and whine. Money isn't everything and you certainly are like Mike in that you can't seem to appreciate diversity.
That's where you are wrong , diversity is not Aus, far from it,wake me up when you get some will you please . And I don't Whinge, I am laughing at the stupidity of it.

This thread has turned into a jump on ceri from you so-called pretend Aussies ( and I will really emphasise the so-called, as you are not an Australian born either, you are as Ausssie as myself ( just checked your threads) I have never met any Australian born here, my close friends, workmates included who are like some of these people who pretend they are something their not on this board) It's like your lot are livng on a diff planet or something ( 99% of our good friends here are Aussies, not surprising when I'm living and working with them is it ??l lol) .Jump back to page 3, when I was replying to the original topic of this thread. If you don't like truths, that is your prob.

Instead of ganging up, as you are not brave enough to do it alone , try doing it by yourself instead of simpering, and jumping on Meg's bandwagon.
and G'day to you

Last edited by Ceri; Feb 2nd 2005 at 4:29 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:28 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ceri
That's where you are wrong , diversity is not Aus, far from it,wake me up when you get some will you please . And I don't Whinge, I am laughing at the stupidity of it.
You whinge and whine and snipe and you are stupid so have a good laugh - there's plenty of company.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:31 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Quinkana
You whinge and whine and snipe and you are stupid so have a good laugh - there's plenty of company.
ah ..predictably stupid reply, resorting to name calling are we? oh well I do hope you find yourself one day and get enough confidence to stop posting under your countless other ID's

Best wishes
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:33 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

and you certainly are like Mike in that you can't seem to appreciate diversity.

Hmmm...is this what you mean by appreciating diversity:

"Also, have you seen how thin and tiny the Aboriginal peoples are?"

Or this:

"And I thought the biggest problem was keeping the Chinese from eating them?! "

Or were you just being ironic?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

This thread has turned into a jump on ceri from you so-called pretend Aussies ( and I will really emphasise the so-called, as you not an Australian born either, you are as Ausssie as myself ( just checked your threads) I have never met any Australian born here, my close friends, workmates included who are like some of these people who pretend they are something their not on this board) .Jump back to page 3, when I was replying to the original topic of this thread. If you don't like truths, that is your prob.

Instead of ganging up, as you are not brave enough to do it alone , try doing it by yourself instead of simpering, and jumping on Meg's bandwagon.
and G'day to you
Ceri,

We are part of the diversity of Australia. That's why I am saying stop bashing it, if you don't like it go home. And I'm not jumping on anyone's bandwagon. When I think you are right I agree with you (check previous in thread) when I think Meg's right I agree with her. Nor am I bashing you, I'm just saying DON'T BASH US just 'cause you can't live with the consequences of YOUR choices. You're here on the expat Aussie thread dripping with sarcasm and negativity towards the country we've chosen to make our home - whilst you're not really an expat and have no intention of making this your home. How would you like it if I moved over to your home-town for a wee while and didn't really want to stay there, wasn't interested in being there, but felt I had the right to give it a good old bash anyway? Especially if I CHOSE to go there and then couldn't live with the fact that my choice took me there
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jayr
Hmmm...is this what you mean by appreciating diversity:

"Also, have you seen how thin and tiny the Aboriginal peoples are?"

Or this:

"And I thought the biggest problem was keeping the Chinese from eating them?! "

Or were you just being ironic?
No, I was not being ironic at all.

I actually appreciate the diversity and the reality of Australia. If you cared to look at the lifestyle and the harshness of the life of a "traditional" Aboriginal in the central and southern areas of Australia you will understand what I am saying. What we eat affects our size, build and stature. I am a tall, broad-shouldered European. I tried bush tucker and can tell you honestly I will not easily survive on it. As for eating cats, are you unaware of the fact that it and dog is considered a delicacy in China? Or have you just not recently traveled there at all? My friend there has a factory cat and her biggest battle it to prevent her co-workers from making a snack of it. As a cat-lover I am sure you can understand how this fact bothers me a bit.

Last edited by G'Day; Feb 2nd 2005 at 4:40 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:39 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

ah ..predictably stupid reply, resorting to name calling are we? oh well I do hope you find yourself one day and get enough confidence to stop posting under your countless other ID's

Best wishes
Your grammar is poor also - I used adjectives and pronouns not nouns.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:41 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri,

We are part of the diversity of Australia. That's why I am saying stop bashing it, if you don't like it go home. And I'm not jumping on anyone's bandwagon. When I think you are right I agree with you (check previous in thread) when I think Meg's right I agree with her. Nor am I bashing you, I'm just saying DON'T BASH US just 'cause you can't live with the consequences of YOUR choices. You're here on the expat Aussie thread dripping with sarcasm and negativity towards the country we've chosen to make our home - whilst you're not really an expat and have no intention of making this your home. How would you like it if I moved over to your home-town for a wee while and didn't really want to stay there, wasn't interested in being there, but felt I had the right to give it a good old bash anyway? Especially if I CHOSE to go there and then couldn't live with the fact that my choice took me there
Love, read my threads. Don't critisise me. you are entitled to your opinion.

I am not bashing here, for a start my first message was replying to the original topic here , which some people did not like - and please note, I also was defending Australians, saying they do care what happens - I suggest you do your homework first before attacking me. It is making me laugh, oh yes I'll think I'll go bash my friends, and workmates head in while I'm at it too (From someone who does not go to expat meets but chooses to mix with the "locals" for friends)

as for not being an expat??I really think you should look the meaning up.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Feb 2nd 2005 at 4:45 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:47 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Your grammar is poor also - I used adjectives and pronouns not nouns.
Yawn
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Love, read my threads. Don't critisise me. you are entitled to your opinion.

I am not bashing here, for a start my first message was replying to the original topic here , which some people did not like - and please note, I also was defending Australians, saying they do care what happens - I suggest you do your homework first before attacking me. It is making me laugh, oh yes I'll think I'll go bash my friends, and workmates head in while I'm at it too (From someone who does not go to expat meets but chooses to mix with the "locals" for friends)

as for not being an expat??I really think you should look the meaning up.

cheers
My apologies for misunderstanding the meaning of expat. I took no unction with your replies to the thread, but I did mind you saying your ozzie passport was only good for balancing your table with by putting it under the short leg. That was waaaay below the belt.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:17 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

[QUOTE=G'Dayyour ozzie passport was only good for balancing your table with by putting it under the short leg. That was waaaay below the belt.[/QUOTE]

Never said that either , I always use the term Aussie, like the rest of the Aussies do. Never have I used that term Ozzie

cheers

P.s it is a good a table leg stop though
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:36 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Ceri is the epithomy of an expat - someone living in another country who has no intention of staying permanently, only here because she can make money. She'll suck as much as she can out of it (money, citizenship etc) & then up & leave.

On the other hand, I think most people on this site (the Australia forum anyway) are what I would consider immigrants - they want to move to a different country to experience the culture & way of life & live here - possibly permanently (its never easy to say "forever" after only a few months in any situation, immigration included), but whichever way it pans out for them, thats the intention & they rarely do it for the money. Its heart, not head.

Me, Im still giggling over the thought of trying to "drag a fish" around on light gear.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Taffia will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Part of aussie culture? I hope not!

i may be wrong,but isn't there a Convit ship sunken n Botany Bay.
Rase her,fix her up, & youw on't need anextra isand for Illegal Immigrants.
Johnny
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Never said that either , I always use the term Aussie, like the rest of the Aussies do. Never have I used that term Ozzie

cheers

P.s it is a good a table leg stop though
That wasn't a direct quote that I used (note absence of "....") and don't skirt the issue, you were rude and you should apologize!

Last edited by G'Day; Feb 2nd 2005 at 9:23 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:53 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Actually Ceri is the epithomy of an expat - someone living in another country who has no intention of staying permanently, only here because she can make money. She'll suck as much as she can out of it (money, citizenship etc) & then up & leave.

cough cough ,now this is a really rich one when I'm looking straight at your signature LOL ! Destination Brisbane Accommodation - Short-term rental available in Brisbane. http://home.pacific.net.au/~remok/

Now who's talking about sucking as much money out of things?? Nice to advertise a rental business here? How convenient is that for that business when there is a handy expat forum filled with people looking for rentals . nah don't tell me you gain nothing from it lol.

I didn't think advertising things such as that was allowed here on these forums, or are you paying for that?

We have brought jobs into the country, or are you too silly to realise this. Please don't answer this
Fishing does not really even warrant an answer dear, if you are using too light line , you are tyring the fish out longer instead of boating it after a few minutes , and realising the non knackered thing ( gawd I sound like you now, with the pettiness of this argument)

"G'day" I certainly don't think I need to apologise to you over a passport under a table leg .. LOL ! ( who do you think you are ?? A pretend Aussie who has not been in the country for more than 5 minutes? who's silly comments regarding the certain ethnic races) and the rest of the same old names "couldn't wait to seize the opportunity mob " ( or do you live such shallow lives? ) you attacked me when I was answering a question on the original topic, about the treatment of sheep .. sigh

If you feel it is offensive I have the Aussie passport under a table leg,let me put a picture of the ugly Queen and her family under the other lol.

Get real will you love, Not offending any of the Aussie here in the office. I do think some of you really need to grow a sense of humour, and get out more into the wonderful world.

You may also want to look beneath some of the shiny surfaces at some of the convenient advertising going on. The saying ,you get nothing for free, Wake up
Cheers to both of you

Last edited by Ceri; Feb 3rd 2005 at 4:08 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.