Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

parking in subiaco?

parking in subiaco?

Old Mar 22nd 2012, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

bibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nice
Default parking in subiaco?

Hi,
I have an interview in wexford street in subiaco. I forgot to ask about parking. Can anyone who knows the area tell me if I should b able to park ok, or should I take the train. Coming from Butler. Didnt even look to see if there is a train that goes there,, sorry still very new to the area.
Anyway, if parking is a nono, may have to park outside the area, and get a bus. Thank you,
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 4:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parking in subiaco?

Originally Posted by bibblybobbly
Hi,
I have an interview in wexford street in subiaco. I forgot to ask about parking. Can anyone who knows the area tell me if I should b able to park ok, or should I take the train. Coming from Butler. Didnt even look to see if there is a train that goes there,, sorry still very new to the area.
Anyway, if parking is a nono, may have to park outside the area, and get a bus. Thank you,
plenty of parking
you should have no problem
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

bibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amazulu
plenty of parking

Excellent, thank you very much.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 7:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
plenty of parking
The commute however is not so great. Count on an hour each way if driving.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
As far as I remember their is a car park just at Wexford street. Get off at Vincent exit.Just have plenty change ready.The train station is near there too but you would have to get off at the city and then catch another line to subi.Good luck with the interview.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Thank you . I will def leave heaps of time, for sure. Last thing I want to do is arrive in a flap,in a panic that I am going to be late.
Will look for the car park there, not sure if it would be like central london, a pound for every 10 mins,n all that. Would be a very quick interview,would be talking super fast .
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you . I will def leave heaps of time, for sure. Last thing I want to do is arrive in a flap,in a panic that I am going to be late.
Will look for the car park there, not sure if it would be like central london, a pound for every 10 mins,n all that. Would be a very quick interview,would be talking super fast .
Put in plenty change as the wardens do hang out there.Plenty coffee shops in that square.What day are you going.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Put in plenty change as the wardens do hang out there.Plenty coffee shops in that square.What day are you going.
tomorrow, 11.30,
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

If I take about $10 in change should that be enough for about 2 hours? Sorry if that sound a silly question, but never having parked round here, or anywhere else in oz other than supermarker carparks, have no idea of going rate?
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 9:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

If I take about $10 in change should that be enough for about 2 hours? Sorry if that sound a silly question, but never having parked round here, or anywhere else in oz other than supermarker carparks, have no idea of going rate?
Bring $20 just in case. And if your interview is at 11:30 I would leave Butler at 10:30 at the latest. If you get there early there are plenty of cafes where you can grab a coffee before you go to the interview.

Good luck
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

nicolac34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

I live in Subi, and having just googled Wexford Street I think your best bet is parking in the car park that's underneath Woolworths which is off Station Street opposite the Markets. From memory I think the first 2 hours are free and then you pay after that, it's not expensive though I don't think. There is also parking outside in the Markets car parks, but not sure what their charges are.

Good luck with the interview!
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicolac34
Hiya,

I live in Subi, and having just googled Wexford Street I think your best bet is parking in the car park that's underneath Woolworths which is off Station Street opposite the Markets. From memory I think the first 2 hours are free and then you pay after that, it's not expensive though I don't think. There is also parking outside in the Markets car parks, but not sure what their charges are.

Good luck with the interview!
I remember parking a few months ago outside the market and being horrified at the parking charges. So I'm guessing a lot.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone,may try the station street car park, first 2 hours being free sounds good . Thank you for all replies, and the good luck's.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone,may try the station street car park, first 2 hours being free sounds good . Thank you for all replies, and the good luck's.
Let us know how you get on.(not with the parking,with the interview)
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Take the train...be alternative.