Parking fine

Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:10 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of
Default Parking fine

Went to a display village at the weekend.Was p***ing down so hubby parked outside one of the show homes.There was no traffic and not a soul about- apart from a traffic warden who gave him a ticket for parallel parking.so if your coming to SA don't park facing the oncoming traffic(even if there isn't any!) Will cost you $31.

But you can do U turns to your hearts content
And you don't need to worry about MOTs
And if you want,you can join two old bangers together to make one really Crappy old banger.....apparently.And drive it.Really badly.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:24 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Re: Parking fine

Their fines over here are great aren't they. My hubby got caught parking the wrong way and wrote a letter to the council or whoever it needed to go to. he explained that hadn't been in the country long, blah, blah, blah and because now you didn't need to take a test to get your Aus licence he wasn't aware of this rule. He worded this very nicely and was very apologetic. They let him off the fine and asked him not to do it again!!!

Lorraine
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gjs
Went to a display village at the weekend.Was p***ing down so hubby parked outside one of the show homes.There was no traffic and not a soul about- apart from a traffic warden who gave him a ticket for parallel parking.so if your coming to SA don't park facing the oncoming traffic(even if there isn't any!) Will cost you $31.

And if you want,you can join two old bangers together to make one really Crappy old banger.....apparently.And drive it.Really badly.
The UK is the only country I know that allows you to park facing oncoming traffic.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 2:57 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The UK is the only country I know that allows you to park facing oncoming traffic.
That's not strictly true - There are some cases when you arn't allowed to park facing the oncoming traffic in the UK. But it depends on the time of day, speed limits in force and the lighting on the road.

If I remember through the mists of time to my police training, you can theoretically receive a ticket if you park facing traffic after lighting up time in anything over a 30 mph limit.

In reality though, when I was training, they said that you should never ticket for it as it would make the police too 'unpopular' and lead to a lot of resentment from the public...

Just like speed cameras don't...

S
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:01 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gjs

Actually, no you cant! If it doesnt say you CAN do a UTurn...assume its illegal is the word I got from a cop a few years ago.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:10 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
as it would make the police too 'unpopular' and lead to a lot of resentment from the public...
so best stick to the real crimes eh?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:44 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
Their fines over here are great aren't they. My hubby got caught parking the wrong way and wrote a letter to the council or whoever it needed to go to. he explained that hadn't been in the country long, blah, blah, blah and because now you didn't need to take a test to get your Aus licence he wasn't aware of this rule. He worded this very nicely and was very apologetic. They let him off the fine and asked him not to do it again!!!

Lorraine
I'll get him to try that one!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:49 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gjs
I'll get him to try that one!

It's worth a go for the cost of a stamp!!!

Lorraine
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:49 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
so best stick to the real crimes eh?

Yeah much like that.

Murder, rape, parking and hopscotch. It's a legal progression of evil...

S
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:58 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan

Lorraine
If only I had tried that when I copped a $75 fine for parking the wrong way!

The worst thing was that a work colleague saw me park and laughed, said it was typical of the British to do things differently. WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL ME IT WAS ILLEGAL AND I'D GET FINED????!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 6:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

The first ticket I ever got, aged 17 was for parking facing oncoming traffic - in Bexhill.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:57 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gjs

Just wait until they pull you over for a roadside mechanical inspection.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:04 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

You're wrong there! UK Highway Code item no 222: "You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised parking space."

Gina
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:46 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
You're wrong there! UK Highway Code item no 222: "You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow unless in a recognised parking space."

Gina

How is he wrong with that code, just cant at night time.