Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parking in Driveway or Garage

Parking in Driveway or Garage

Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parking in Driveway or Garage

Jad was taking the piss the otherday, pointing out that you can spot a British expat by the fact that they park a Prado in the driveway.

I think she also might have meant that Aussies are more likely to use their garage than Brits. Is this true - I think it might be......(!)

Now renth has had his car broken into in his driveway.

I can't fit my car in my garage, my workbench is too big And I leave it unlocked too, and Chief's too.

I do lock the garage since I started buying tools..

So driveway or garage, now, and going forward..
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking in Driveway or Garage

My double garage is too full of crap for cars although at a push, if there were a severe weather warning I could squeeze the Magna in.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:11 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

We dont have a garage... a couple of sheds full of crap and a boat yes, but no garage.

Our 2 cars live on the front lawn/dirt.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Remembering being surprised that my best man always, always, parked in the garage when he had stacks of driveway.

He once said, "Might leave it outside for the time being".
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PeteY
We dont have a garage... a couple of sheds full of crap and a boat yes, but no garage.

Our 2 cars live on the front lawn/dirt.
You still in that shack on the water front mate. Still got that big Patrol?
We're doing the Gt Ocean road in October, we might get to SA....
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:18 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
You still in that shack on the water front mate. Still got that big Patrol?
We're doing the Gt Ocean road in October, we might get to SA....
Yep, and yep.

Ill pm you my current email. If you do get this far we can show you the BLUE LAKE!! Woo

It REALLY is blue!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Our garage is too full of crap. We need a clear out.
BTW Our neighbours all park outside, opposite they have teens and there are usually 5 cars parked outside.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:38 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

always garage.
after a hail storm in sydney nearly caught me out