Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parking in Brisbane

Parking in Brisbane

Old Jun 10th 2006, 7:44 am
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Parking in Brisbane

For those who drive to work in Brisbane, where do you park? I've noticed lots of areas don't have much in the way of public transport but when we were there on our validation trip it cost us a fortune to park in the CBD . Are there cheaper options?

Thanks
Martyn
Old Jun 10th 2006, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking in Brisbane

Originally Posted by tin
For those who drive to work in Brisbane, where do you park? I've noticed lots of areas don't have much in the way of public transport but when we were there on our validation trip it cost us a fortune to park in the CBD . Are there cheaper options?

Thanks
Martyn
Most of the car parks do early bird specials, but I've gotta say, we've found the public transport okay, depends on where you're coming from I suppose. The trains are really cheap, and a daily ticket gets you on a train, bus or ferry all thru the day.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tin

Thanks
Martyn
Always get a train to the city in the week and my wife goes from Wellington Point to Roma Street everyday on the train and it cost $29.50 for a weekly ticket, only parked in the city @ weekend and it's mostly free !

Where are you planning on settling ? maybe it would be more worth while driving to a train station parking there for free and get the train.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

You can park on the Southbank/Cultural Centre for $8 per day and walk across the bridge the the CBD, but you may still have a distance to walk.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 12:22 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

City Cat is fast and efficient. Make the trip every weekday. Sunday's can be a bit crap... especially last Sunday - the bloody Italian festival at New Farm didn't help. I was stood at Riverside for 1 hour because the cat was full by the time it got there - gave up and got a taxi home instead
Old Jun 10th 2006, 12:33 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all the suggestions
We had been considering only suburbs on the train lines but have now added Wynnum and Manly to our shortlist - but the only doubt from there had been public transport hence the question

Martyn
Old Jun 10th 2006, 12:54 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tin
Thanks for all the suggestions
We had been considering only suburbs on the train lines but have now added Wynnum and Manly to our shortlist - but the only doubt from there had been public transport hence the question

Martyn
Errrrrrr, Wynnum & Manly are on the train line - about a 30-35 min journey by train, quicker if you get an express from Manly.

There are also BCC buses which go to the city - just take a little longer, depending on where you get on the loop.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 3:00 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Errrrrrr, Wynnum & Manly are on the train line - about a 30-35 min journey by train, quicker if you get an express from Manly.

There are also BCC buses which go to the city - just take a little longer, depending on where you get on the loop.
Thanks Mrs D I stand corrected
From earlier postings I'd got the impression that the public transport from there took way too long and everyone drove - but 30 mins isn't too bad....

Martyn
Old Jun 10th 2006, 3:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a play around with THIS SITE for train times
Old Jun 10th 2006, 3:37 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tin
Thanks Mrs D I stand corrected
From earlier postings I'd got the impression that the public transport from there took way too long and everyone drove - but 30 mins isn't too bad....

Martyn
If I worked in the city I would definitely get the train (I'm in Wynnum West) but I drive because I work in Newstead and with a 20min walk at either end of the 35min train journey, it's just a bit too much. I do it from time to time (like the Monday before last when I had a wicked hangover ) but mostly I'll drive.

Most of the train stations have free parking, except the ones closest to the city too.