Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parents Subclass 103 visa

Parents Subclass 103 visa

Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

cheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant future
Smile Parents Subclass 103 visa

Hi

Does anyone out there, know of anyone that has managed to get a parents subclass 103 visa and if so how many years did it take?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents Subclass 103 visa

Originally Posted by cheakyboy
Hi

Does anyone out there, know of anyone that has managed to get a parents subclass 103 visa and if so how many years did it take?
Takes around 10 years as far as I know.

The contributory parent visa takes 12-18 months.

G
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

cheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant futurecheakyboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Grayling
Takes around 10 years as far as I know.

The contributory parent visa takes 12-18 months.

G

Thanks for that, we are in the queue for the 103 visa and thought that we might apply for the contributory visa, I contacted the DIMA to find out what the procedure is to do this (thinking that it would be simple, ie:fill out a form and pay the visa and bond fee) but no, we would have to complete all the paperwork again starting from scratch, I wouldn't mind but both visas are processed at the same office so they have all our information there.

Nothing is simple..

C
Old Jun 21st 2006, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, we are in the queue for the 103 visa and thought that we might apply for the contributory visa, I contacted the DIMA to find out what the procedure is to do this (thinking that it would be simple, ie:fill out a form and pay the visa and bond fee) but no, we would have to complete all the paperwork again starting from scratch, I wouldn't mind but both visas are processed at the same office so they have all our information there.

Nothing is simple..

C
if you don't mind me asking - how long have you been in the queue?

Ann
Old Jun 21st 2006, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BertieB
if you don't mind me asking - how long have you been in the queue?

Ann
Hi Ann

we applied on 19th November 2003, but our queue date is 18 February 2005.

Linda
Old Jun 21st 2006, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ann

we applied on 19th November 2003, but our queue date is 18 February 2005.

Linda
thanks Linda - after telling my parents of our plans they are now thinking it would be good to follow us. Both retired, no house to sell to help with funding. Been looking at DIMA website to see what's on offer for them and looks like it would have to be the 103 (not enough funds to go for the Cont. Parent visa). If it's going to be as long as 10 yrs I don't know if they would go through this route.

Ann