Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

for parents with kids on the autistic spectrum

for parents with kids on the autistic spectrum

Old Jun 24th 2004, 8:52 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow for parents with kids on the autistic spectrum

(dyslexia, dyspraxia, add, adhd, aspergers, autism)

Reading the recent threads on this topic, i knew i had loads of stuff about transfatty acids etc, its taken me a while to find them

I met the Dr in question in England and attended many seminars arranged through the dyspraxia foundation.

None of this stuff is hocus pocus and is very well documented.

Before we left the Uk my son was on a strict diet (no chocolate, caffine, dairy, additives etc etc) and he was taking eye Q supplements. Since being here this has all gone to pot as the thought of facing label reading along with all the other new stuff was just to daunting

Anyway, i know which child was the easier to look after, so the label reading and supplements will start in earnest next week

This is not in any way to stir up the ritalin debate, as a parent of a child on the autistic spectrum life can be well, strange to say the least, bloody soul destroying at times. I however chose this way forward to see if it worked FOR US, and, whilst its hard work, it does make a difference to OUR son and i'm not worrying about side effects etc.

Eye Q is availiable on line overhere Debs

http://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/study/...richardson.htm

http://www.fabresearch.org/view_item.aspx?item_id=473

http://www.fabresearch.org/view_item.aspx?item_id=456

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...ga_three.shtml

Hope this is of help to some of you.

Hx

Last edited by hevs; Jun 24th 2004 at 9:00 am.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 1:38 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Bump.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:40 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by downunderpom
Bump.
We get plenty of those with my son around
Old Jun 25th 2004, 2:47 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by hevs
We get plenty of those with my son around