Parents

Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parents

Anyone's parents make things difficult and miserable before you left the country?

Mine have gone into control freak overdrive and it's really upsetting...
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:58 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Parents

Originally Posted by iPom
Anyone's parents make things difficult and miserable before you left the country?

so far mine have been brilliant, really supportive. Nicky's on the other hand still haven't been told yet

i think the brown smelly stuff will hit the fan once there told. still the way were going we won't smell it, we'll be stepping off the plain 10,500 miles away :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sparks124
so far mine have been brilliant, really supportive. Nicky's on the other hand still haven't been told yet

i think the brown smelly stuff will hit the fan once there told. still the way were going we won't smell it, we'll be stepping off the plain 10,500 miles away :scared: :scared:
You're leaving without letting them know? :scared:
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of

Hi mine think i'm going to get away from them, and think i'm evil for taking kids away from them, but they only live 10 mins away at the moment and never visit them,they only see them when i visit them which aint to often just lately so doing what we think is right for our kids to give them a better future we hope.
Hopefully things will be sorted between us all before we go here's hoping .
So good luck with your family members and i know how your feeling we just want them to be happy for us and the kids. Tracey xx
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My MIL is very happy for us, but then again she's retiring to Turkey or Greece in a few years.

Sadly my Mum and Dad are no longer with us, as they both died from cancer a few years back
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by deanmhunt
Hi mine think i'm going to get away from them, and think i'm evil for taking kids away from them, but they only live 10 mins away at the moment and never visit them,they only see them when i visit them which aint to often just lately so doing what we think is right for our kids to give them a better future we hope.
Hopefully things will be sorted between us all before we go here's hoping .
So good luck with your family members and i know how your feeling we just want them to be happy for us and the kids. Tracey xx

Yes, you do just want them to be happy. My parents are trying to make things difficult, but my hub's parents are in Australia, so there is some jealousy going on. But honestly, my parents have made a very poor attempt at being grandparents so it's time to let the others have a go. The aussie lot are great, active, fun and interested, and the children love them.

I hope things will sort out ... at the moment, I am trying to organise a leaving party for us with family and they are being nothing but obstructive and controlling. It's making it miserable.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by WendyC
My MIL is very happy for us, but then again she's retiring to Turkey or Greece in a few years.

Sadly my Mum and Dad are no longer with us, as they both died from cancer a few years back

I'm sorry to hear about your parents Wendy, but equally glad you have a supportive in law.

Being horrible at this stage of the game is pointless... What's it going to accomplish or change?
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:12 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

You're leaving without letting them know? :scared:
no not really. just feels like it as Nicky keeps putting it off. i guess it's totally different as mine have known right from day one that we were thinking about it. Nicky just feels that she has got to be able to answer every single question that they are likely to ask in full encyclopedia form. i think her mother will find it hard to accept, as far as she is concerned no one would ever want to leave this country. she even went so far as to say over christmas when Steve Erwin was on "err thats a horrible country, i don't know why anyone would want to go there" so i guess that she feels rather more pressure than I.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of

Yes, you do just want them to be happy. My parents are trying to make things difficult, but my hub's parents are in Australia, so there is some jealousy going on. But honestly, my parents have made a very poor attempt at being grandparents so it's time to let the others have a go. The aussie lot are great, active, fun and interested, and the children love them.

I hope things will sort out ... at the moment, I am trying to organise a leaving party for us with family and they are being nothing but obstructive and controlling. It's making it miserable.
God don't even want to think about leaving party dont think i'll bother, they wont come if he's coming, were not coming if there coming and so on really dont need the aggro at the moment just want to sell the house and go !!!!
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:18 pm
superam74

We've just been & told my mum that we've just got our visas.It wasn't easy.She's always been the master of getting depressed & making people feel guilty , I think these next few months between now & when we leave are going to be rough.

Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by superam74
We've just been & told my mum that we've just got our visas.It wasn't easy.She's always been the master of getting depressed & making people feel guilty , I think these next few months between now & when we leave are going to be rough.
LOL are we related in someway sounds like my mum lol
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by superam74

We have the same mother!

Mine is making us feel bad that we're not staying with them before we leave, but we just can't ... we complete on the house on the 7th, and fly on the 12th April ... so it is to my sister's place which is bigger and more central for everyone to visit.

Leaving is so ...WEIRD!
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by deanmhunt
God don't even want to think about leaving party dont think i'll bother, they wont come if he's coming, were not coming if there coming and so on really dont need the aggro at the moment just want to sell the house and go !!!!

The only time our family meets is at funerals. Mistakenly, in a moment of altruism, I said 'Wouldn't it be nice if we could all get together without it being a funeral...'

And the perfect oportunity presented itself!

Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

My dad has given his blessing (only because its all his family thats in oz) my mum hasnt given her blessing but helped us immensly this week when our eldest decided to leave full time uni, which means he cant come on our app. She said its his life (amongst other supportive things)... but I think she may be secretly pleased (in a nice way) that she has one of her grandsons staying with her.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:04 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Woah - could have been talking about us there. My parents are out in Australia and have been brilliant, but the missus' parents have rods shoved up their arses and have been very nasty to our son Josh and only started paying him any real attention when we announced we were buggering off. Families, eh ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.