Parents!!!

Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parents!!!

When we told my mum about our move to Australia, her first words were "well I won't come and see you!!", as if she thought that would change our mind.
Well after being here 14 months now...............she has booked her flight for June. This is a huge step for her as she has never flown before.
Hope this gives hope to all the people who feel they are being emotionally blackmailed by their family.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents!!!

Originally Posted by mand8002
When we told my mum about our move to Australia, her first words were "well I won't come and see you!!", as if she thought that would change our mind.
Well after being here 14 months now...............she has booked her flight for June. This is a huge step for her as she has never flown before.
Hope this gives hope to all the people who feel they are being emotionally blackmailed by their family.

I bet you can't wait to see her. I hope her flight is Ok.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news. I'm sure she will love it when she gets there. I had the same reaction off my parents who really don't want us to go. Mind you, I'm not even sure if we're going at all now, hubby thinks he will be committing professional suicide if we do because he is getting job offers left, right and centre at the moment. You can imagine how my parents' hopes went up when we expressed doubts about leaving...
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:16 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the very same words from my own mum, but thankfully she hasnt done as she said and has already been out twice in one year to see us
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:20 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

stubborn auld buggers aint they
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

excellent news mand, chuffed for you all. x
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
I heard the very same words from my own mum, but thankfully she hasnt done as she said and has already been out twice in one year to see us

OMG fiona, i cant believe youve been there for a year!!!!!!!!!!!! havent seen you around for ages! hows it going?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I'm so glad you're mum has changed her mind and hope you all have a great time together. My mum is dead set against us going (blackmail at every turn ) and although we don't actually leave until 25th March, she's already booked her flights for July and December :scared: .
TJ
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I bet you can't wait to see her. I hope her flight is Ok.
I hope her flight is ok, cos no matter what she thinks of it she will have the return leg to do!!!!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

kango_jack will become famous soon enoughkango_jack will become famous soon enough

Same from my parents - they have been twice in 3 years and have just applied for the Parent Contributory Visa . Amazing how things can change.
Annie
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Britishaussie
That's great news. I'm sure she will love it when she gets there. I had the same reaction off my parents who really don't want us to go. Mind you, I'm not even sure if we're going at all now, hubby thinks he will be committing professional suicide if we do because he is getting job offers left, right and centre at the moment. You can imagine how my parents' hopes went up when we expressed doubts about leaving...
I hope it all works out for you.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by biggy
stubborn auld buggers aint they
Yes they are and my mum is VERY stubborn so I am surprised she has backed down. This must be a first!!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:36 am
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kango_jack
Same from my parents - they have been twice in 3 years and have just applied for the Parent Contributory Visa . Amazing how things can change.
Annie
Whats one of those?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:39 am
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

Bless them.Theyre only doing it because they love you and dont want to lose you/and or be left on their own.My parents just said"You have to do whatever makes you happy in this life and you only get one chance,were behind you all the way and will follow if we can". As i'm an only child i think thats very brave of them....its me whose worried stupid they wont be able to follow....soppy sod!!!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff Amanda. I'm so happy for you all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.