Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parental consent question

Parental consent question

Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future
Default Parental consent question

I've spent all day trying to get some answers so I thought i'd try on here

My son was born with the surname X (fathers surname - father also on birth certificate) and his father was given parental responsibility by a court order in 1995.

In 2002 A judge granted a new court order so that my sons fathers parental reasonability was to be taken away from him (rare to overturn but I won the case) and that my sons name X will now be Z (my surname instead of his fathers)

Because the original PR order was overturned and his father now has no rights or contact, am I right to assume that I don’t need his consent when applying for a visa for my son? Or what was the point of overturning the PR order if he still gets a say

Also the way the surname was changed my son went from X to Z by court order rather than a change of name deed – does this matter?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/input
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:49 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Parental consent question

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
I've spent all day trying to get some answers so I thought i'd try on here

My son was born with the surname X (fathers surname - father also on birth certificate) and his father was given parental responsibility by a court order in 1995.

In 2002 A judge granted a new court order so that my sons fathers parental reasonability was to be taken away from him (rare to overturn but I won the case) and that my sons name X will now be Z (my surname instead of his fathers)

Because the original PR order was overturned and his father now has no rights or contact, am I right to assume that I don’t need his consent when applying for a visa for my son? Or what was the point of overturning the PR order if he still gets a say

Also the way the surname was changed my son went from X to Z by court order rather than a change of name deed – does this matter?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/input
going through a simusimilarblem at the minute. my step daughters father has no PR and we now have to prove this so we are lodging an application for a court order so that we can take her.
your situation is acctactuallypler belebelieveor not (as i understand it).
as you have an existing court order in place to say that he has no PR and you have sole PR you have no need to consult him in you decidecisionemeremigrateyou will need to have a certified copy of this document en-closed in your application. this should be enough to satisfy the relirelevanty, although the only person that counts is your case officer once you apply.
hope thats of some use to you.
if i can help any further please feel free to PM me.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:51 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

the name change shouldn't make any difference, but would en-close a certified copy of this also. thats what I've done and will find out from the agent tomorrow if there's any problems.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

So as long as I can prove that his father has no PR rights which I can do with the second court order I should be OK? and thats what they need?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:17 pm
s**t rolls down hill

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
So as long as I can prove that his father has no PR rights which I can do with the second court order I should be OK? and thats what they need?
thats as i understand yes and i have spoken to DIMIA and had an email from them. slightly different answers but the result is the same. sending you PM with a copy of the email.