Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parental advice needed

Parental advice needed

Old May 6th 2005, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Belfield 9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parental advice needed

We have decided that we want to move to Oz, however we have a child who has previously had heart surgery, is not on any medication now but, needs yearly checks and in the future will need more surgery. We are unsure as to whether the move would be right for him.

We will seek medical advice but it would be nice to hear from any other parents in similar situations who have already made the move!
Old May 6th 2005, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Parental advice needed

Sorry, I'm not in a similar situation, but I don't see why a move to Australia should affect the childs health. Maybe having better weather and a more laid back type of lifestyle will actually help. If nothing else the Health service would be better. I wish you all the best for the future whatever that may be.

Originally Posted by Belfield 9
We have decided that we want to move to Oz, however we have a child who has previously had heart surgery, is not on any medication now but, needs yearly checks and in the future will need more surgery. We are unsure as to whether the move would be right for him.

We will seek medical advice but it would be nice to hear from any other parents in similar situations who have already made the move!
Old May 6th 2005, 11:47 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Parental advice needed

Originally Posted by Chef69
Sorry, I'm not in a similar situation, but I don't see why a move to Australia should affect the childs health. Maybe having better weather and a more laid back type of lifestyle will actually help. If nothing else the Health service would be better. I wish you all the best for the future whatever that may be.
Couldnt agree more, the weather and the cleener air over here, can only be beneficial to anyone with health problems.