parent visits

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default parent visits

Hope someone can clarify a question for me? Sorry if it has been asked before but I have done some searches on here and nothing came up.
How often can my widowed mother visit my husband and I in Australia (we have permanent residency) and how long can she stay. I believe the ETA visas allows 3 month visits and is multiple entry and valid for 12 months but I have also heard there is a 6 month visitor visa. Are the conditions for this different than the ordinary ETA?
Help appreciated
Thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:32 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: parent visits

This link should clarify the 6 month visitor visa you can apply online once you're here if you have an electronic visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/extending.htm
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 12:37 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BKate
This link should clarify the 6 month visitor visa you can apply online once you're here if you have an electronic visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/extending.htm

However one can't *live* in Australia by constantly extending a visa, or leaving and re-entering the country. This will lead to a visa refusal, or being turned around on arrival, sooner or later.

Jeremy
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitty4
Hope someone can clarify a question for me? Sorry if it has been asked before but I have done some searches on here and nothing came up.
How often can my widowed mother visit my husband and I in Australia (we have permanent residency) and how long can she stay. I believe the ETA visas allows 3 month visits and is multiple entry and valid for 12 months but I have also heard there is a 6 month visitor visa. Are the conditions for this different than the ordinary ETA?
Help appreciated
Thanks
Hi there, friends of ours, there mum and dad have a unit here, they are here 6 months then go back to u k for a holiday, but that is getting too much for them now, they just go to Bali for a week just to get visa stamped.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 1:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Hi there, friends of ours, there mum and dad have a unit here, they are here 6 months then go back to u k for a holiday, but that is getting too much for them now, they just go to Bali for a week just to get visa stamped.
They are playing a dangerous game if they are on tourist visas. Sooner or later they are very likely going to get a refusal of their visa application, or a 'no further stay' condition put on their new visa. Or a DIMIA officer on arrival is going to notice they are spending most of their time in Australia and start asking questions they will find it hard to answer.

If they want to live in Australia they need the right visa to do so.

Also - if they are tourists, I hope they have complied with FIRB restrictions if they purchased the unit they live in.

Jeremy
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
They are playing a dangerous game if they are on tourist visas. Sooner or later they are very likely going to get a refusal of their visa application, or a 'no further stay' condition put on their new visa. Or a DIMIA officer on arrival is going to notice they are spending most of their time in Australia and start asking questions they will find it hard to answer.

If they want to live in Australia they need the right visa to do so.

Also - if they are tourists, I hope they have complied with FIRB restrictions if they purchased the unit they live in.

Jeremy
im not sure what there visa is, but i know they are just waiting for there daughter to come over, then they will have 5 of there 9 children here, and they can apply for balance of the family. And stay for good.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:32 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by cranni
im not sure what there visa is, but i know they are just waiting for there daughter to come over, then they will have 5 of there 9 children here, and they can apply for balance of the family. And stay for good.

If it's a retirement visa it would be ok, but in that case why would they need to keep leaving Australia? If it's a tourist visa or ETA they are only one step away from a serious visa problem.

Jeremy
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
If it's a retirement visa it would be ok, but in that case why would they need to keep leaving Australia? If it's a tourist visa or ETA they are only one step away from a serious visa problem.

Jeremy
im not sure but i know they have to leave every six months, i will find out for definate.