Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parent nightmare update...........

Parent nightmare update...........

Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:26 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Parent nightmare update...........

How you all doing out there ? Us lucky, lucky people who's parents / inlaws and ex wives are making the move more difficult than it needs to be.

We'll moi's Mother has been visited by aliens in the night that have removed her personality and transplanted a new one !

No joke, mam-maar, rang me like a different person saying she'd consider living there now after speaking to an old neighbour of hers from back home !! Total change of heart after the slanging match we had last week.

For those of you who don't know Mother moved two years ago to be around the corner from us and helps out with looking after our little girl during school hols etc. She also cleans for me which I pay her for.(I work part time - but have a long day as the schoolrun is tacked on at either end).

She rang a neighbour from where she moved from (Liverpool) and he told her how fab it is out in Oz , particularly Perth - where we are headed. He's been all around and is going into old age kicking and screaming - providing his hip op goes well!
Mother took no notice of how fab we said it was but as soon as this neighbour said it, she changed her mind.

Originally we helped sell the idea to her by saying she could probably get there too after us, but after this last week I'm not sure that is a good idea. She flatly refused, said the heat would kill her. Now it's a different story, next week it will different again and we aren't even there yet !! Driving me mad. I've told her to just wait and see, as it would be mad of her to live somewhere she has never been, so to hang fire on the decsision making.

Good luck to one and all

Jill

Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:30 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Parent nightmare update...........

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
How you all doing out there ? Us lucky, lucky people who's parents / inlaws and ex wives are making the move more difficult than it needs to be.

We'll moi's Mother has been visited by aliens in the night that have removed her personality and transplanted a new one !

No joke, mam-maar, rang me like a different person saying she'd consider living there now after speaking to an old neighbour of hers from back home !! Total change of heart after the slanging match we had last week.

For those of you who don't know Mother moved two years ago to be around the corner from us and helps out with looking after our little girl during school hols etc. She also cleans for me which I pay her for.(I work part time - but have a long day as the schoolrun is tacked on at either end).

She rang a neighbour from where she moved from (Liverpool) and he told her how fab it is out in Oz , particularly Perth - where we are headed. He's been all around and is going into old age kicking and screaming - providing his hip op goes well!
Mother took no notice of how fab we said it was but as soon as this neighbour said it, she changed her mind.

Originally we helped sell the idea to her by saying she could probably get there too after us, but after this last week I'm not sure that is a good idea. She flatly refused, said the heat would kill her. Now it's a different story, next week it will different again and we aren't even there yet !! Driving me mad. I've told her to just wait and see, as it would be mad of her to live somewhere she has never been, so to hang fire on the decsision making.

Good luck to one and all

Jill

PS... haven't been able to get a look in the last two days, hubby off on the sick ??? mmm that's the trouble when you share a post.

Old Jan 15th 2004, 5:56 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

I'm glad your mum finally came round. Don't you find that pretty common? They won't believe you but they'll believe what someone else says! Perhaps they find it uncomfortable that their children could know more than them! Anyway, alls well... and so on.

PS. I'm wise to you! Stop changing your name, it costs money to get the restraining order changed!

Steve.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:06 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
I'm glad your mum finally came round. Don't you find that pretty common? They won't believe you but they'll believe what someone else says! Perhaps they find it uncomfortable that their children could know more than them! Anyway, alls well... and so on.

PS. I'm wise to you! Stop changing your name, it costs money to get the restraining order changed!

Steve.
Wondered were you had gone , then I found you in the lounge.................. I'd just come out of the garden holding the rabbit, passed the lounge and went straight into the kitchen, to look for a stock pot.....................

We did announce the name change several times so people didn't think we were into this muliple personality thing. Just made sense to make our name 'sexless' as we both now post.

Plus I've had a few days off the site as it was getting too addictive.

Cheers

Jill

Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:22 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

I know our rabbit gets a bit confused in his old age these days, but we're not ready to eat him yet!
Attached Thumbnails Parent nightmare update...........-rabbit.jpg  
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:28 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I'm actually quite worried about my mother. I thought she would be really upset when I told her as I'm her 'baby' as she tells everyone, but she was really pleased for us and even asked how long before we go. Maybe she is trying to tell me something, lol.

Regards
Sarah
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:32 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by teach
I'm actually quite worried about my mother. I thought she would be really upset when I told her as I'm her 'baby' as she tells everyone, but she was really pleased for us and even asked how long before we go. Maybe she is trying to tell me something, lol.

Regards
Sarah
Don't be worried just thank the lord you have a well rounded human being as a mother - some of us on here have real probs with what life has thrown at them and how they have dealt with it.

Good luck

Jill