Paranoia

Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice
Unhappy Paranoia

Silly question but has anyone had issues when booking in and not been able to get seats together for the whole family (in our case, 5 of us), we tried to book online but there were only a few sporadic seats available and it wouldnt let us book for the children anyway!Our flight is only on Tuesday morning but we are hoping its just a gliche in the system and that when we get to the airport 2 hours before check in that there will be enough seats for us to sit together, anyone had any problems in the past?

Thanks
Ross
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossfive5
Silly question but has anyone had issues when booking in and not been able to get seats together for the whole family (in our case, 5 of us), we tried to book online but there were only a few sporadic seats available and it wouldnt let us book for the children anyway!Our flight is only on Tuesday morning but we are hoping its just a gliche in the system and that when we get to the airport 2 hours before check in that there will be enough seats for us to sit together, anyone had any problems in the past?

Thanks
Ross
this takes me back! We flew with cathay Pacific. Called up a few days before the flight to let them know we had a 4 year old and two other children and the bloke asked us if we wanted to know our seats in advance. When he gave them to me I was horrifed as my youngest was sat on his own at the other end of the plane! We went mad, called them everyday until they'd sorted it out. When we told the booking clerk that Oliver would not only be crying for us, but would need a nappy change (he didn't really but we laid it on thick) during the flight and the attendants would have to see to him, they soon found us 5 seats together in the same row!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Paranoia

Can you phone the airline at all? Some airlines work on a first come first served basis so the only solution is to get there early . Whenever we fly my hubby always asks the check in staff if we can have 3 seats at the front of the plane (for us), and one at the back for him . They always believe him too

I hope everything works out ok, try not to panic.
TJ
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Ross

I'd just say try to get there early and 1st at the check in desk, we was one of the first and had no problem with seats.....family of 4 Maybe get there a bit sooner just to make sure!

All the best...who are you flying with, if it Emirates I'd also advise to take some extra food for the kids "If they are young" as the breakfast on their flights are pants!...Wish we'd taken extra

Sue x
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Ross
We've had this before - got to check-in and they could only give us 3 seats spread through the plane. We were told that it would be sorted out and when we got to the gate, we were told to wait to one side. I presume that they went on to the plane and asked whether anybody would be prepared to move (maybe even put them into business class?)We were all sat together in the end, no worries I'm sure that they wouldn't split up a family. After all who would want to sit next to somebody else's screaming kid :scared:
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Ross
We was last minute booking, when we came so from Hong Kong to Perth, we where split up. 5 of us we had a 3 ,1 and 1 sp my eldest sat on his own [age 11] he was fine, I sat with the other two, and my hubby sat on his own, but we could see each other. just.
When you get seated, people may swap, in our case the guy sat nest to us, was a bit weird, and clung on to his briefcase on his knee, so i was too scared :scared: to ask. Denise
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Ross
Reminds me of the oversized chap in the US who was told he needed 2 seats. Paid up to find one at the front of the plane and the other at the back LOL.

We redeemed some fly buy points and went to NZ. Couldnt get all of us on the redeemed points so 2 of us went business and the ankle bites economy. We request back of business, children front of economy. Good plan dear!

Plane is a 747. We were on the upper deck, children(7/5) lost somewhere downstairs in cattle class.

Flight attendant came looking for us as the children didnt like the food on offer (forgot to order children's meals) but they were happy to have a breakfast pack.

We were a little more organised on the way back

WW
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

AS others have said I think your best course of action is to get there as early as possible.

Hope you have a great flight X
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:21 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Ross
I've always phoned up and reserved specific seats whenever flying on a scheduled internationally flight.
Usually get on the phone to them immediately after ive got some sort of confirmation/reservation number. Or if booking through an agent then id get them to do it. The earlier the better, your not guaranteed to get the seats but providing you check in 2-3 hrs before i've never had the seating allocation changed.

Steve
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:53 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Ross
I assume you are flying in the next two months? December and January are notoriously busy and hence gettting seats can be difficult and expensive if you manage it. Still, if you are lucky you might get a 4+1 then not have to sit by the kids all the way here
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glittababe
this takes me back! We flew with cathay Pacific. Called up a few days before the flight to let them know we had a 4 year old and two other children and the bloke asked us if we wanted to know our seats in advance. When he gave them to me I was horrifed as my youngest was sat on his own at the other end of the plane! We went mad, called them everyday until they'd sorted it out. When we told the booking clerk that Oliver would not only be crying for us, but would need a nappy change (he didn't really but we laid it on thick) during the flight and the attendants would have to see to him, they soon found us 5 seats together in the same row!

Love it!!!