Paramedics

Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

The Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud of
Default Paramedics

Hi, just wondering why everyone seems to be applying to QAS if conditions are so poor? NSW are recruiting and would appreciate any advise of them - anyone already employed by NSW ambulance service?
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Hayes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paramedics

Originally Posted by The Buzzards
Hi, just wondering why everyone seems to be applying to QAS if conditions are so poor? NSW are recruiting and would appreciate any advise of them - anyone already employed by NSW ambulance service?
I am a paramedic with London Ambulance Service and I am joining NSW in September. They are sponsoring me with a permanent visa. I will be doing 8 weeks induction followed by on road assesment in Sydney. I am hoping to eventually get to Central Coast but not sure how long that will take. Let me know if you need any further info.
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

The Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud ofThe Buzzards has much to be proud of

Hiya, thanks for reply
Do you have any salary/shift pattern info?
Do you know where you will be posted initially?
Husband Paramedic and we have 2 year old daughter so researching as much as poss first. Initially looked into QAS but not keen on climate etc
Also looked into St Johns in WA but would rather be in NSW or SA so not too isolated.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Hayes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, thanks for reply
Husband Paramedic and we have 2 year old daughter so researching as much as poss first. Initially looked into QAS but not keen on climate etc
Also looked into St Johns in WA but would rather be in NSW or SA so not too isolated.
For salary I was quoted take home pay per month as a paramedic of approx $4,000.
The shift pattern I believe is generally 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off. There are local variations but the days are 7am to 5pm and the nights 5pm to 7am. I am assuming that it is not too busy at night, hence 14 hours.
After my residential induction course I am being posted to central Sydney for 10 weeks on road assessment at technician level. I will then go back to training school for one day of exams followed by another 10 weeks on road assessment at intensive care paramedic level. After that I will probably be posted elsewhere in Sydney but hopefully will get to Central Coast fairly quick.
I also have young children so I can understand you wanting as much info as possible.
Regards.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Hi we thought about NSW. My hubby works for QAS we live on the gold coast. We wanted central coast or even better tweed. But basically NSW told us we would be waiting for dead mans shoes. So we didn't bother. We don't want or can't afford to live Sydney or surronding suburbs! So unless you want to live close to Sydney, Newcastle, etc or go Rural then NSW isn't the best option!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

jimmyr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hayes
I am a paramedic with London Ambulance Service and I am joining NSW in September. They are sponsoring me with a permanent visa. I will be doing 8 weeks induction followed by on road assesment in Sydney. I am hoping to eventually get to Central Coast but not sure how long that will take. Let me know if you need any further info.
hi there mate
I have just had interview with NSW
they have offered position subject to ref checks etc,
can you give any info on the current situation out there if you have started. I have seen some articles on internet that staff morale is low at moment etc.
cheers jim
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

holsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to all

QASvNSW
I think where ever you go there bound to be positives and negatives to everything including Ambulance services (just look at the variations in the UK!!!).
For us Queensland because of the climate = Hot, Hot, Hot oh and very wet at times
Economic conditions ie, a lot cheaper than Syd, we are led to believe Our equity will go further if that is the case
We have friends already working in the QAS who absolutely love it and a colleague in Syd now transferring to QAS because he hates it (personal preferences?)
Still researching heavily though, can never have enough info.......end scenario is we want a future for our boys and ourselves which involves a lorra, lorra sun and fun..
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by holsie0
QASvNSW
I think where ever you go there bound to be positives and negatives to everything including Ambulance services (just look at the variations in the UK!!!).
For us Queensland because of the climate = Hot, Hot, Hot oh and very wet at times
Economic conditions ie, a lot cheaper than Syd, we are led to believe Our equity will go further if that is the case
We have friends already working in the QAS who absolutely love it and a colleague in Syd now transferring to QAS because he hates it (personal preferences?)
Still researching heavily though, can never have enough info.......end scenario is we want a future for our boys and ourselves which involves a lorra, lorra sun and fun..
Hi
Just came back from sydney, the NSW ambulance service have offered job
however as you say the little research into housing in the area showed it to be very expensive for buying as well as renting it fact everything seemed more expensive. Have you applied to QDL yet, I think they are looking for more paras this year.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

holsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimmyr
Hi
Just came back from sydney, the NSW ambulance service have offered job
however as you say the little research into housing in the area showed it to be very expensive for buying as well as renting it fact everything seemed more expensive. Have you applied to QDL yet, I think they are looking for more paras this year.
Yes, me and the OH. They are progressing my app further after interview success in Nov but still no firm job offer.
Me and several others who attended the last round are waiting to hear, believe to be around mid Jan when info should be forth coming but does not matter to much as next batch of visas can not be applied for until next QAS budget year which starts July 2008, government sponsored
Are you hedging bets or going for NSW?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by holsie0
Yes, me and the OH. They are progressing my app further after interview success in Nov but still no firm job offer.
Me and several others who attended the last round are waiting to hear, believe to be around mid Jan when info should be forth coming but does not matter to much as next batch of visas can not be applied for until next QAS budget year which starts July 2008, government sponsored
Are you hedging bets or going for NSW?
I have just rtn yesterday form sydney after a 6 day visit, during which I sat exams, medical, driving test and interview panel. I was offered job subject to police/ref checks. They told me to await formal written offer and that I will be sponsered for a permanent visa. They claimed that QAS had sponsered guys on temp visas and that alot of brit paras had transferred to them. They have also approved my application to ICP level following successful completion of on road trg etc. I still have not be able to talk to any paras working with NSW.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jimmyr
I have just rtn yesterday form sydney after a 6 day visit, during which I sat exams, medical, driving test and interview panel. I was offered job subject to police/ref checks. They told me to await formal written offer and that I will be sponsered for a permanent visa. They claimed that QAS had sponsered guys on temp visas and that alot of brit paras had transferred to them. They have also approved my application to ICP level following successful completion of on road trg etc. I still have not be able to talk to any paras working with NSW.
I believe QAS did originally start to recruit on TV's but it is all now sponsered by the QLD GOV so PRV's and a lot of them (believe 250 this financial year). Reading QAS web site they are coming back mid 08 for more!!
Have you read the Queensland Ambulance thread in this forum? Might be worth a look.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Hiya, thanks for reply
Hi Buzzards,

I'm a Para with SA. PM me with any questions you might have. I'd be happy to help.

Dave.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Chopper911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lordflasheart,

I'm awaiting a reply from SAAS (as well as WA)...

If i decided to apply to SAAS (would love to because of the property/land/built-to-order), what can I expect from the application process? (all other posts/threads seem to be QAS related)

Thanks,

Gareth.
Old May 26th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

Was wondering how you got on Hayes?
Old May 27th 2008, 2:15 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend in the UK who came out with her boyfriend to Sydney in March for his interview with NSW Ambulance service and was offered a job , I wonder if it is one of the posters on this thread?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.