Paramedic jobs

Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

purdy2cats is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paramedic jobs

Hi,

My name's Marie and I'm new to this site. I wondered if anyone already living in Australia could give me advice.

I'm a nurse and my hubby is a paramedic - we have 2 kids, an 18 month old and a 6 month old.

We're looking into the possibility of moving to Australia - either Perth as my husband has family there - Melbourne as I have family there or Brisbane.
However, we've heard conflicting tales of how paramedics are viewed over there as compared to the UK - WA in particular in not a very good light! This has somewhat put him off the prospect of Perth!

Melbourne is putting me off slightly as the weather is not supposed to be much different to the UK!

I don't think I'd have much trouble in getting work but I want my hubby to be happy too in his job.

Could anyone who knows anything about this type of work let me know your thoughts on it.

Cheers

Marie x