paramedic

Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road
Default paramedic

Hi all,
this is my first time on the forum.
we are looking at emigrating within next 2 years to Perth.
I am in the process of gathering the documentation to get my nursing qualification assessed.
I am hoping someone out there could advise us
My husband will be a paramedic in 2 weeks
we were once told that UK paramedics find it difficult to get into the ambo service in WA, it would be easier to go to Melbourne.
Anybody else know any different?
We would rather go to South Queensland or North NSW if we had to but not so sure about Melbourne.
But ideally eventually we want to settle in Perth.
We would be really grateful for any advice.
Cheers
Marie & Neil
Old Nov 20th 2003, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it looks like Lancashire might be running out of nurses soon the rate we are all leaving. Whereabouts are you?

As for the paramedic thing I had a quick look into it a while back and like you say it is pretty tricky to get into in WA and the wages seemed really pants. Don't know about other states though.

Good luck

Claire
Old Nov 20th 2003, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome to the forums.
Be prepared to get addicted.

I am not so sure about paramedic jobs in Oz but you should get a job no problem

Diane(also a nurse)
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by claireg3
Well it looks like Lancashire might be running out of nurses soon the rate we are all leaving. Whereabouts are you?

As for the paramedic thing I had a quick look into it a while back and like you say it is pretty tricky to get into in WA and the wages seemed really pants. Don't know about other states though.

Good luck

Claire

Hi
I work in Blackburn. What about you?
Have you worked in Oz previously?
We worked on and off for a year on a working holiday in 2000. I was nursing for agencies, Neil did a bit of allsorts!
We went everywhere except Darwin and Taz. Loved Perth so want to go back there. Can't wait.
Marie
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by neil&momo
Hi
I work in Blackburn. What about you?
Have you worked in Oz previously?
We worked on and off for a year on a working holiday in 2000. I was nursing for agencies, Neil did a bit of allsorts!
We went everywhere except Darwin and Taz. Loved Perth so want to go back there. Can't wait.
Marie
Hi,
not too far from you just up the road inChorley. Haven't worked in Oz before but worked with a few Ozzie agency nurses over the past couple of years. looking forward to getting out there - only 7 weeks to go - not that I'm counting (she lies)

Claire
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:48 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Just wanted to say "good luck with it all"!

Vicky (yet another nurse)
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:40 pm
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough

Hiya neil and momo :-)

Welcome to the forum.

Bloody hell, we should start up the pommie nursing agency!

I'm also thinking of going to Perth but need to get a few more months under my belt for experience...

Which area are you thinking of working in?

Is nursing down under drastically different. Anything I should prepare myself for?

Cheers
Siobhan x
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: paramedic

Hi all,
I am in the process of gathering the documentation to get my nursing qualification assessed.
we were once told that UK paramedics find it difficult to get into the ambo service in WA, it would be easier to go to Melbourne.
We would rather go to South Queensland or North NSW if we had to but not so sure about Melbourne.
Cheers
Marie & Neil

try this link for information about paramedics in Perth

http://www.ambulance.net.au/
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

aussielawyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Cheers
Marie & Neil
Have you looked at www.anci.org.au?

JUSTIN RICKARD
Australian immigration lawyer/migration agent
www.livedownunder.com
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:41 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nurses

Originally posted by LondonNurse
<snip>

Bloody hell, we should start up the pommie nursing agency!

Cheers
Siobhan x
Coming soon ... you heard it here first! :-))

Best regards.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I don't know if this helps but this takes you to info about employment as a paramedic - average salary in Oz, job prospects, etc. If you click the link for 'regional' it will show where the work is distributed by state:

http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/d...&AscoCode=3491

p.s. you canuse this site to find info about any profession

HP
Old Nov 21st 2003, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Cheers everybody.
Still no wiser though! Looked on all those sites but still nothing about a uk paramedic working in WA!!
Victoria and Queensland ambo services seem to be more clued up! He will need to do 18mths more training, which he's not bothered about, but looks like we'll have to do it in Vic or Queens! then move to Perth thats if WA will take him then!
Oh well I'll keep looking. At least I know I'll have no trouble with work. He could be a man of leisure for a while!!
We are off to Victoria for a holiday in Jan so will have a look at there ambo service while we are there.
Thanks again for the info.
As for nursing in Oz, I found it brill, much better than here in the UK. Not as much pressure, but then I was working for agencies and your not under the same pressure as the regular staff anyway, but it was great, Australians are great people.
Good Luck all.
Marie
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

a friend of mine did it he was working as a paramedic with in six months of arriving, if you want me to get him to email you please email me and i will pass it on the him
paula
[email protected]
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Paula,
I'll e-mail you now.
Marie
Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:28 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Marie - as you worked out there a couple of years ago will it mean you wont have to go through the hideous ANCI assessment? That would put a huge smile on my face!
how do agency wages compare to hospital nurses wages? is it similar to uk where you get paid more as an agency nurse than as a permanent d grade?

Sue
(also a nurse, currently tearing my hair out over this ANCI assessment!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.