Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Paradise Point (GC) with young kids?

Paradise Point (GC) with young kids?

Old Dec 1st 2010, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

movingtooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paradise Point (GC) with young kids?

Hi there,

Just wanted to know if anyone out there lives in/knows whether Paradise Point is a good area with young kids (ours are 1 and nearly 3) in terms of playgroups, daycare, making friends and potentially primary schools?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 11:57 am
Banned

Matteo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paradise Point (GC) with young kids?

I always wanted to do that on my kids. So that my kids will be utilize their skills in many different way...kid are explorer, they wanted to explore in their entire life. So, if ever it would happen I will be the first one congratulate the creator.... Really love it that concept.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Paradise point is a pretty highly regarded area- very much full of older people/retirees though that have sat on their houses for 50 years. You do see some people there with young families though but probably more on the weekends. Lots of criminals on the nearby sovereign islands

Schoolswise can't really give you first hand experience there although a lot of parents that i knew there sent their kids to private...nearest schools are biggera waters and coombabah and both those areas are fairly shocking!!

stu
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

movingtooz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot for the feedback so far, really appreciate it!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 5:09 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

I started school at St Francis Xavier (Runaway Bay) and went to preschool next door. My aunt has taught at St Francis for 20 years. All her kids and nieces/nephews went there and it's a pretty good school. The state schools around it I've only heard scary things.

It was 30 years ago that our family lived in the area, and we moved out west while the rest of them have now moved to places like Parkwood and Pacific Pines. I don't know how the area would be now for kids, but there were lots of oldies and lots of families when we were young. If the oldies are anything like my grandparents they may also have migrated to the outer burbs to be nearer their kids.

You could try searching the Bub Hub forum (for parents in Australia) to see if there's anyone living in the area?
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:13 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

My sister-in-law and her husband have brought up 5 children whilst living at Paradise Point/Runaway Bay and most of them have turned out OK!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 1:32 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic and lovely area. the schools are nothing like people make out.
every school had some kind of tag.
its is an area full of old people and loads of people head to the little beach every weekend.
its only a few mins from runawaybay shopping centre.
it has its own little group of shops more catered for the weekend visitors though.