Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Paperwork evidence required for rental

Paperwork evidence required for rental

Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paperwork evidence required for rental

Hi Folks

I have read the to do tips and one of them states about emailing scanned evidence over to estate agents as a quick means of providing evidence. But we would like to get the paperwork scanned whilst we are still in the UK.

Can someone advise what sort of evidence is needed to rent a property??
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paperwork evidence required for rental

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Hi Folks

I have read the to do tips and one of them states about emailing scanned evidence over to estate agents as a quick means of providing evidence. But we would like to get the paperwork scanned whilst we are still in the UK.

All I needed was a copy of our bank statement (to prove that we could pay rent without a job) and a reference (to say we weren't nutters going to destroy the house).

So get a few copies of a personal reference and when you go do your ID thing at the bank, get them to print out a statement for you.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:27 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks

When you get keys to your rental document ( vidcam is best but photos or even written is still ok) any and all defects you find, eg, rips in wallpaper, nail holes etc etc). This might seem over the top but could make the difference between getting your bond back or not.
Also a couple of days before you move out of the property get all the carpets cleaned by a professional and get the receipt. Four weeks rent as bond could be $2000 on a house thesedays, so make sure you don't lose it!

Last edited by kiwi_child; Jun 17th 2007 at 10:29 am.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:28 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks

We took our old yearly mortgage statement and a letter from the bank. Offered three months up front which I think swayed it as well.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
All I needed was a copy of our bank statement (to prove that we could pay rent without a job) and a reference (to say we weren't nutters going to destroy the house).

So get a few copies of a personal reference and when you go do your ID thing at the bank, get them to print out a statement for you.
our money wont be over until about 3 weeks after we land so we will be on our UK savings money until our equity comes through?? what happens then???

wendy personal refs?? like what???

The vidcam is a good idea will use that one. cheers oh in fact OH just said we cant as we have shipped ours.haha

Last edited by CathnPaul; Jun 17th 2007 at 10:32 am.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stitch
We took our old yearly mortgage statement and a letter from the bank. Offered three months up front which I think swayed it as well.

Cheers

Ginny
Thats a good idea - BUT ours has been shipped.haha.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:34 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

The vidcam is a good idea will use that one. cheers oh in fact OH just said we cant as we have shipped ours.haha
You can probably hire/rent one, otherwise use a dig camera upload and email to the agent, keeping a copy for yourself.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

our money wont be over until about 3 weeks after we land so we will be on our UK savings money until our equity comes through?? what happens then???

wendy personal refs?? like what???

Re: money. Will it be in the UK bank, or is it pending on house sale? If it's the latter, maybe get a letter from the estate agent oor solicitor saying that funds are on their way.

Personal reference: Just something that say's whoever has known you for x number of years, and that you are a fine upstanding, trustworthy person. Or even something off of your estate agent saying your house was immaculate when you left. Anything like that is fine.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Re: money. Will it be in the UK bank, or is it pending on house sale? If it's the latter, maybe get a letter from the estate agent oor solicitor saying that funds are on their way.

Personal reference: Just something that say's whoever has known you for x number of years, and that you are a fine upstanding, trustworthy person. Or even something off of your estate agent saying your house was immaculate when you left. Anything like that is fine.
ooo wendy good idea. I get on well with our estate agent and solicitor so will grab refs off them. Our house got a really good write up when was up for sale.

We have dig cam, didnt think about that - it has vid on it!!

House wont complete until after we land so only then will have equity in account. We have some quick access savings, we havent transferrred money over due to exchange rate and not having access to it.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ooo wendy good idea. I get on well with our estate agent and solicitor so will grab refs off them. Our house got a really good write up when was up for sale.

House wont complete until after we land so only then will have equity in account. We have some quick access savings, we havent transferrred money over due to exchange rate and not having access to it.

All they will want really is to see you can cover the rent for about 3 months. Offer them a couple of months up front and tell them that you are having an interview next week

They aren't really allowed to take the cash up front, but I know some do and it does sway them towards your application.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:56 am
Jedi Princess

Then just make sure you bring enough memory for it with you and send the vid ASAP after taking possession of the property. I'd even hold up a copy of the days newspaper to the vid so the date is verified.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Then just make sure you bring enough memory for it with you and send the vid ASAP after taking possession of the property. I'd even hold up a copy of the days newspaper to the vid so the date is verified.
I do have a few interviews lined up thankfully too. But its suddenly hit us that we still have stuff to do!! Just put something on another thread about debit cards on arrival too. Gosh I thought we were all done and dusted until next week. When you provide the 100point ID how long does it take for debit cards to be issued??? our paperwork says they cant be issued until we provide evidence too.

will get the memory card sorted this week too... really appreciate all this you lot. Thank you. K has been sent to you all. x

Last edited by CathnPaul; Jun 17th 2007 at 11:02 am.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:00 am
Jedi Princess

All they will want really is to see you can cover the rent for about 3 months. Offer them a couple of months up front and tell them that you are having an interview next week

They aren't really allowed to take the cash up front, but I know some do and it does sway them towards your application.
At least the OP isn't going to perth: There have been instances of 100 or so people turning up to view a place for rent then bidding with the agent over the asked for rental price to ensure they get it! We have a 0.8 rental vacancy here and a crisis is measured at 2.0 vacancy rate!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:05 am
Jedi Princess

I do have a few interviews lined up thankfully too. But its suddenly hit us that we still have stuff to do!! Just put something on another thread about debit cards on arrival too. Gosh I thought we were all done and dusted until next week.
Oh heaps to do and it has become more complex over the years. I came here in the 90s when I was in my early 30s, with $500 and a place to stay (my sisters, then my brothers). I got a job within 4 weeks but didn't have to pay board till I was working, so that helped heaps. I was able to use my money to chase down work. Without family here, I'd never have come on such little money. But also, coming from NZ I didn't have to go through the drama migrants from other countries have to.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:57 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks

Hiya
I am a little bit too tipsy to write much down - but here is a link which explains my recent rental experience and everything I had to provide :

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457878

Hope the info on here helps : )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.