Paperwork

Old May 23rd 2006, 6:18 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paperwork

How much paperwork did you take to Oz? What sort of stuff was it?

We have years worth of bank statements, utility bills, loan statements etc... Will any of it be any use on the other side?

What is worth taking?

Thanks

Old May 23rd 2006, 7:15 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Paperwork

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
How much paperwork did you take to Oz? What sort of stuff was it?

We have years worth of bank statements, utility bills, loan statements etc... Will any of it be any use on the other side?

What is worth taking?

Thanks

We have been told to take about 1 year of stuff like bank statements, morgagte repayments etc and letters from car/home insurance companys as you may need them as you can get your no claims over there! and the morgage stuff if proof of good payments when trying to rent and buy a house when you settle. Hope this helps, Pete.
Old May 23rd 2006, 8:02 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Rather than get rid of them or take them with you, why not scan them onto disk and leave them for safe keeping with a relative - that way you have immdiate access to copies with the originals accessable...and after a year or so when you know you arent going to need them, ask the person looking after them for you to shred them.

im terrible for hoarding stuff....i still have bank statements and wage slips dating back to the 90's
Old May 23rd 2006, 8:07 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
Rather than get rid of them or take them with you, why not scan them onto disk and leave them for safe keeping with a relative - that way you have immdiate access to copies with the originals accessable...and after a year or so when you know you arent going to need them, ask the person looking after them for you to shred them.

im terrible for hoarding stuff....i still have bank statements and wage slips dating back to the 90's

This is a fab idea - I will steal this one.... however I think I will load it onto a memory stick to take with me
Old May 23rd 2006, 8:24 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I can honestly say in a year here I have used nothing from the UK paperwise. The only thing moderately of use has been the certificate of no claims to obtain a rating 1 driver status (full no claims).

People seem to be hung up on taking mortgage statements, past rent payments, credit histories and stuff. When you come here nobody is interested in how you maintained payments in a foreign country using funding from a job you no longer have. Its more about your income once you arrive and your credit rating is zero anyway regardless of how good or bad it was in the UK.