Reload this Page >

Which paper to advertise in??

Which paper to advertise in??

Old Sep 18th 2005, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Question Which paper to advertise in??

Anyone in Briz heres a question for you,
I'm starting up a small business in the Brisbane area and would like to know which newspaper has the following attributes to maximise exposure to my advertisement:
1. Must be a weekly paper preferably that people keep hold of until the next issue comes out.
2. Must have a wide readership (the larger the better, preferably Brisbane wide or larger)
3. Dont want it too cost the earth to advertise (Once a fortnight maybe enough)

Shoot guys, my future prosperity is in your hands!!!

Regards

Patmoss :
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

kango_jack will become famous soon enoughkango_jack will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Which paper to advertise in??

Probably depends on the type of business you are in, also Brissie has heaps of different papers so you need to be more specific about the type of customer.
We have looked at a few for our business so might be able to help.
Annie
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

There is no one paper which fits your criteria. ....

The weeklies are generally suburb editions although City News and the Rural Press titles out East will give you good coverage but will be a multi-buy. However all of these are weekly "frees" and I would doubt that many would be kept until the next edition. They are advertising rags not extensive editorial treasures. There are also many other even more trashy frees that tend to come and go and are unreliable at best with their circulation. I'd be very wary of these for effectiveness.

Various glossies are published with a wide range of focus and regularity. Tends to be more "up-market" type stuff to justify the gloss costs. Solid New Farm coffee shop material.

There is of course the Courier (and Sunday) Mail but these are expensive and you'd pay for non-Brisbane distribution.

I suggest you need to be more targeted in who you're trying to reach and when. Pick your suburbs, demographic etc. Even consider radio or letterbox drops.

Finally there is talk of a daily free afternoon commuter focused rag - Metro or something. Part of the same group as the one's in Melbourne and Sydney (I think). However will primarily be distributed via rail stations, therefore ordinary for targetting say housewives. Due to launch by end of year I think.

Last edited by Brizbound; Sep 18th 2005 at 11:04 am.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Which paper to advertise in??

All good info guys, keep it coming!!!

Patmoss
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patmoss
All good info guys, keep it coming!!!

Patmoss
Yes keep it coming guys. I am thinking of stating a new Advertising and Design Agency in Brissie when I get there, and all possilbe advertising booking would be greatfully received.