Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Panic attacks anyone?

Panic attacks anyone?

Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Panic attacks anyone?

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
see you soon Raven and thank you - that makes sense and is a good driving thought. Basically thats how it used to be anyway for us, its only been recently his family have got closer and more emotional, my family are carrying on as though nothing is happening. really wierd, but will hold that thought. cheers matey you're a gooden. x
Cant u sleep? anyway as i said dont worry about all these rellys breaking down etc. I reallyreally promise you u will be lucky if they can be bothered to pick up the phone 6 months from now. u are coming to place where your children can grow up safe and healthy and the beer flows freely
Have a great last 2 weeks
Raven
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:30 am
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tatyana R
Can anyone confirm that they too (as the big day approaches), are getting panicky about the whole move. One minute I am up and the next. Oh my god - will I get a job, where are we going to live? why, when who the list goes on and on.........

And then as I am feeling right now, i think what the hell and think well its just another adventure!

I am confident that positive thoughts make positive things happen but can't get these bad negative thoughts out of my head. I have 3 weeks left here in the UK!!!

ARGGHHHH
Tatyana
Hi

We were the same prior to leaving in December 2005. We found out in the September and booked flights immediately to leave end Dec. I left my job and then started panicking a bit so approached a local photographer to see if I could work voluntarily for him whilst learning at the same time. It was brilliant, took my mind of everything as I was so busy and learning something new. The day we left the UK I was hyper with excitement. My husband suffered more than me with the panic attacks as he was doing the same old thing and wasn't very busy. It's perfectly normal though and only to be expected...you just have to find ways of controlling it!!

18 months on and we have no desire to go back, not even for a holiday. I feel a bit guilty about that.

Good luck,
Sandra
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:06 am
SJR
Forum Regular

SJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to allSJR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by raven
Cant u sleep? anyway as i said dont worry about all these rellys breaking down etc. I reallyreally promise you u will be lucky if they can be bothered to pick up the phone 6 months from now. u are coming to place where your children can grow up safe and healthy and the beer flows freely
Have a great last 2 weeks
Raven
You're right there, about them phoning. My parents ring about 3 or 4 times per week but we hardly ever get phone calls from anyone else. The other friends and relatives who were in tears when we left don't seem to be able to afford the cost of a phone call!!! Despite the fact that you can get really low cost calls to Australia, 3p per minute. I was a bit upset about it initially but not bothered now. Yeah....thumbsup!

Sandra
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:10 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Thanks for all the reasurance. It is a horrible feeling, like someone sitting on my chest sometimes and I can't breathe. I'm not sure its all about leaving people behind its also about trying to organise everything and deciding what to take. I keep forgeting simple things well I say simple but I forgot to go to work last wednesday evening and I had a big panick attack I was crying for ages. I feel like our life is on hold and i'm just waiting for it to start again.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tatyana R
Can anyone confirm that they too (as the big day approaches), are getting panicky about the whole move. One minute I am up and the next. Oh my god - will I get a job, where are we going to live? why, when who the list goes on and on.........

And then as I am feeling right now, i think what the hell and think well its just another adventure!

I am confident that positive thoughts make positive things happen but can't get these bad negative thoughts out of my head. I have 3 weeks left here in the UK!!!

ARGGHHHH
Tatyana
Bless you! Perfectly normal. I didn't stop feeling like that until 6 months after I'd arrivedin OZ lol. It's all a bit of a shock no matter how prepared you think you are!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Tatyana R will become famous soon enoughTatyana R will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
Bless you! Perfectly normal. I didn't stop feeling like that until 6 months after I'd arrivedin OZ lol. It's all a bit of a shock no matter how prepared you think you are!
THanks - under two weeks to go now and I am still working and trying to do everything.....Nightmare
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:23 pm
SJR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
Thanks for all the reasurance. It is a horrible feeling, like someone sitting on my chest sometimes and I can't breathe. I'm not sure its all about leaving people behind its also about trying to organise everything and deciding what to take. I keep forgeting simple things well I say simple but I forgot to go to work last wednesday evening and I had a big panick attack I was crying for ages. I feel like our life is on hold and i'm just waiting for it to start again.
That's awful, I really sympathise. I've had panic attacks now and again and it's scary. My most recent was last Friday night as the gbp/aud exchange rate dropped significantly last week leaving us short of money to buy house over here which settles on 27th I see a natrupath in Perth and she gave me something a while ago to help with times like that, they really work. I do think it's normal though, to feel the way you do, just take the deep breaths etc!

Good luck,
Sandra
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:53 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SJR
That's awful, I really sympathise. I've had panic attacks now and again and it's scary. My most recent was last Friday night as the gbp/aud exchange rate dropped significantly last week leaving us short of money to buy house over here which settles on 27th I see a natrupath in Perth and she gave me something a while ago to help with times like that, they really work. I do think it's normal though, to feel the way you do, just take the deep breaths etc!

Good luck,
Sandra
Tatyana I hope all is going well for you and goes as smoothly as possible.

SJR Yes I been looking at exchange rate and it is a tad scary to say the least especially if your buying a property. I just have to keep rembering to take some deep calming breaths. Thanks chuck.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

kimalan is on a distinguished road

hi again, well coming on here has been great, and we have decided to do it! kim has given up her job anyway, and my notice is in. Our daughter the 21 year old has booked her tickets to come for a holiday at xmas, so we feel happy. as you have all said, REGRETS, we can say we done it, wether we stay or not. we are planning to come back but if it is good who knows and thankyou all. as for the airport, no goodbyes and could not bear that.