Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Panic attacks anyone?

Panic attacks anyone?

Old Jun 1st 2007, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Tatyana R will become famous soon enoughTatyana R will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Panic attacks anyone?

Originally Posted by maggy
Dont get me started on men Laura lol.

Im so glad im here now cant imagine being back in Uk but it did take time to settle.

I have some fab mates here one in particular Alison who is like a sister to me we met 3 years ago at work and have been inseparable since, holidays together etc.

Siren AKA Christina my very first friend and the one who really helped me settle here in Perth, we met 3 years ago and although now live in different suburbs meet up weekly.

Old posters Jill The Banana Diaries, Vegemite Kids, Teresa, Jopualus.

We used to have regular coffee meets at each others houses thats how we met each other even started a thread the glass shoe diaries accounting our weekly meets lol.

Going from leaving all my mates in the UK to starting a fresh was daunting but I now find it hard to keep in touch with my mates over here.
Glad to hear you have settled well, despite the obvious lack of help from your man! and yes we all know that one only too damn well.

Am looking forward to meeting new friends and hopefully I and Laura and all the other people about to embark on this adventure will have sucha good experience as you are having!

Tx
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:20 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tatyana R
Can anyone confirm that they too (as the big day approaches), are getting panicky about the whole move. One minute I am up and the next. Oh my god - will I get a job, where are we going to live? why, when who the list goes on and on.........

And then as I am feeling right now, i think what the hell and think well its just another adventure!

I am confident that positive thoughts make positive things happen but can't get these bad negative thoughts out of my head. I have 3 weeks left here in the UK!!!

ARGGHHHH
Tatyana
I have regular panic attacks and I wake up feeling sick to my stomach most mornings, its the first thing i think about in the morning it drives me mad and we are not even going till end of August.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Can anyone confirm that they too (as the big day approaches), are getting panicky about the whole move. One minute I am up and the next. Oh my god - will I get a job, where are we going to live? why, when who the list goes on and on.........

And then as I am feeling right now, i think what the hell and think well its just another adventure!

I am confident that positive thoughts make positive things happen but can't get these bad negative thoughts out of my head. I have 3 weeks left here in the UK!!!

ARGGHHHH
Tatyana
DITTO, I am exactly the same!!!!!!! Good luck with it all, the feelings are all "normal" so I've been told!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Tatyana R will become famous soon enoughTatyana R will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
I have regular panic attacks and I wake up feeling sick to my stomach most mornings, its the first thing i think about in the morning it drives me mad and we are not even going till end of August.
Yes have that feeling this morning. Been getting up to trek to work in London all week and packing all evenings and still wake up on a Saturday at 6.45AM!!!! with it all on my mind.ARGHHHHH

Absolutely annoy the hell out of myself thinking about.

Hope it goes well for you. The very best of luck
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
DITTO, I am exactly the same!!!!!!! Good luck with it all, the feelings are all "normal" so I've been told!
You too
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:16 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

At least I know that I am not the only one that goes through this.
Good luck too guys.
xxxx
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

ARGGHHHH
Tatyana
Hi no worries we have about 6 months before we move over (fingers x'd) and we are losing about 2 hours sleep a night waking up with totally random thoughts going through what little brain hasn't been turned to mush yet :curse: but it will be worth it wont it ( well thats what i keep tellimg myself any way) Good luck Darren
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:52 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

I've started getting the ups & downs as it gets nearer & actually seems real! Before if I heard people saying this, I was like just get on with it, it's an opportunity, all good experience, blah blah blah but in practice it's difficult to ignore the panicky feelings. I try to keep a lid on it but I'm finding selling the house very hard as it's our first house & I really like it, esp with the garden looking nice this time of year

Still, on the plus side maybe the stressing will help me lose a few pounds
Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

kimalan is on a distinguished road

hi all,

we are flying out to sydney on 17 july and we are in the same boat. do we go or stay? hubby been given great job, house provided etc and we are renting out our uk house as a fall back. we hear all the horror stories and all the great things about oz and feel oh crap and oh great. what shall we do?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:28 pm
Lisa

Originally Posted by kimalan
hi all,

we are flying out to sydney on 17 july and we are in the same boat. do we go or stay? hubby been given great job, house provided etc and we are renting out our uk house as a fall back. we hear all the horror stories and all the great things about oz and feel oh crap and oh great. what shall we do?
I sometimes think are we doing the right thing but I know we are really. I don't want to be one of those people that say to me "I had the oppotuninty to go but I didn't and now I regret it". If at worst I want to be one of those that say yes we tried it but it didn't work out or at best yes we love it here ten years down the line. But I do think about it all the time and sometimes it can be quite overwhelming.

Take a deep breath in everyone and exhale, all is well.

xxxx
Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

I am so glad to hear that others are finding it difficult.
I have so much to sort out before I go to NZ...and it is a scary prospect as I don't have much time to do it in.
Also keep wondering whether i am making the right decision (which deep down I know I am) and how I will find missing my family!
So....my emotions are up and down constantly :curse:
Old Jun 10th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
I sometimes think are we doing the right thing but I know we are really. I don't want to be one of those people that say to me "I had the oppotuninty to go but I didn't and now I regret it". If at worst I want to be one of those that say yes we tried it but it didn't work out or at best yes we love it here ten years down the line. But I do think about it all the time and sometimes it can be quite overwhelming.

Take a deep breath in everyone and exhale, all is well.

xxxx
Thats us as well,don't want to go to my maker thinking "what if" we have been given an opportunity and we are grabbing it by both horns even though it is costing a fair bit, but worth it anyway friends and family are only an e-mail away also a good way to find out your true friends and those who are just after a cheap holiday.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodys
Thats us as well,don't want to go to my maker thinking "what if" we have been given an opportunity and we are grabbing it by both horns even though it is costing a fair bit, but worth it anyway friends and family are only an e-mail away also a good way to find out your true friends and those who are just after a cheap holiday.
I must have missed this thread first time around. We fly in just under 2 weeks, has anyone felt guilt??? this last couple of weeks I have experienced a proper choking feeling where it feels someone has their hand on my throat and guilt at taking my husband and kids away from his side of the family and my kids away from their friends. I am normally a heavy cryer, but now I just stand there choked so poeple think I am not upset - its really wierd.

Plus there isnt enough hours in the day (to get stuff shut down and organised)- so glad gave up work early. Its really heavy going this last stint for us, more than I imagined it would be.

People have decided they are coming to the airport, which I am dreading - including my son who isnt emigrating just yet with us. Dreading walking through passport control with people upset on the other side, really dreading it.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I must have missed this thread first time around. We fly in just under 2 weeks, has anyone felt guilt??? this last couple of weeks I have experienced a proper choking feeling where it feels someone has their hand on my throat and guilt at taking my husband and kids away from his side of the family and my kids away from their friends. I am normally a heavy cryer, but now I just stand there choked so poeple think I am not upset - its really wierd.

Plus there isnt enough hours in the day (to get stuff shut down and organised)- so glad gave up work early. Its really heavy going this last stint for us, more than I imagined it would be.

People have decided they are coming to the airport, which I am dreading - including my son who isnt emigrating just yet with us. Dreading walking through passport control with people upset on the other side, really dreading it.
Hey dont forget, It is yourself your husband and your kids you are doing this for. I promise you will not regret it. Rochdale vs Sunshine coast No comparison.And all those people who will be so upset at you leaving will not even bother to call you after 6 months when the novelty has worn off. Dont know about the airport though absolutely banned everyone from that .Went the night before and stayed in the Raddison.Take care and see u soon
Raven
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raven
Hey dont forget, It is yourself your husband and your kids you are doing this for. I promise you will not regret it. Rochdale vs Sunshine coast No comparison.And all those people who will be so upset at you leaving will not even bother to call you after 6 months when the novelty has worn off. Dont know about the airport though absolutely banned everyone from that .Went the night before and stayed in the Raddison.Take care and see u soon
Raven
see you soon Raven and thank you - that makes sense and is a good driving thought. Basically thats how it used to be anyway for us, its only been recently his family have got closer and more emotional, my family are carrying on as though nothing is happening. really wierd, but will hold that thought. cheers matey you're a gooden. x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.