Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Panic attacks anyone?

Panic attacks anyone?

Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Tatyana R will become famous soon enoughTatyana R will become famous soon enough
Default Panic attacks anyone?

Can anyone confirm that they too (as the big day approaches), are getting panicky about the whole move. One minute I am up and the next. Oh my god - will I get a job, where are we going to live? why, when who the list goes on and on.........

And then as I am feeling right now, i think what the hell and think well its just another adventure!

I am confident that positive thoughts make positive things happen but can't get these bad negative thoughts out of my head. I have 3 weeks left here in the UK!!!

ARGGHHHH
Tatyana
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Panic attacks anyone?

Originally Posted by Tatyana R
Can anyone confirm that they too (as the big day approaches), are getting panicky about the whole move. One minute I am up and the next. Oh my god - will I get a job, where are we going to live? why, when who the list goes on and on.........

And then as I am feeling right now, i think what the hell and think well its just another adventure!

I am confident that positive thoughts make positive things happen but can't get these bad negative thoughts out of my head. I have 3 weeks left here in the UK!!!

ARGGHHHH
Tatyana
Completly normal behaviour you are not alone one minute high next low.

This will also happen once you arrive and nothing will prepare you for it.

Good luck with your adventure the amount of times I actually ripped up stat decs that we had to send to DIMIA because I was freaking out and decided I was def not emigrating.

Jesus my solicitors bills were high having to get stat decs done agin lol.

The first 4 weeks here bliss holiday mode.

The next 6 months hell reality kicked in and felt so homesick swore I was going back to Scotland many times.

The amount of people that told me its a phase and it will get better ( **** I hated them lol ).

A few months later found a job I enjoyed made good friends, great social life etc.

3 Years later would I return?

Never say never but at this moment in time NO.

I love my life here even though we will have to relocate from Perth to Tassie to be able to afford a property.

It has been a positive move and one im so glad we did even though I was sooooooooooooooo ready to throw the towel in 3 years ago.

Good luck with your future and remember we all panic its the unknown.

Mags

Last edited by maggy; Jun 1st 2007 at 1:24 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

ARGGHHHH
Tatyana

OMG!!! you are me....lol....we dnt go till september and im like this now!!!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyboy is a jewel in the roughhappyboy is a jewel in the roughhappyboy is a jewel in the roughhappyboy is a jewel in the roughhappyboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chippie74
don't be such a tart lee.........
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:25 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

We also go in 3 weeks haven't completely panicked yet but the packers are in mon/tues so then I will be left with nothing to occupy my mind so am expecting it may happen then. Good Luck with your plans

Andreaxx
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tatyana R will become famous soon enoughTatyana R will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by acbh2
We also go in 3 weeks haven't completely panicked yet but the packers are in mon/tues so then I will be left with nothing to occupy my mind so am expecting it may happen then. Good Luck with your plans

Andreaxx
Where are you heading? We are going to Sydney on 24th. You?

Best of luck!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chippie74
My goodness, I would love to say it's going to get easier but hell no it gets worse and I guess worse still once you arrive and its the unknown

Starting to feel a little more normal!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maggy
Completly normal behaviour you are not alone one minute high next low.

This will also happen once you arrive and nothing will prepare you for it.

Good luck with your adventure the amount of times I actually ripped up stat decs that we had to send to DIMIA because I was freaking out and decided I was def not emigrating.

Jesus my solicitors bills were high having to get stat decs done agin lol.

The first 4 weeks here bliss holiday mode.

The next 6 months hell reality kicked in and felt so homesick swore I was going back to Scotland many times.

The amount of people that told me its a phase and it will get better ( **** I hated them lol ).

A few months later found a job I enjoyed made good friends, great social life etc.

3 Years later would I return?

Never say never but at this moment in time NO.

I love my life here even though we will have to relocate from Perth to Tassie to be able to afford a property.

It has been a positive move and one im so glad we did even though I was sooooooooooooooo ready to throw the towel in 3 years ago.

Good luck with your future and remember we all panic its the unknown.

Mags

I think I should be saying thanks but you do not fill me with pleasant thoughts...its going to get worse. aRGGHHHHH I guess its honest though and wouldn't want to be told its all excellent when you get there and then wonder why I am so different and homesick.

Glad you are happy and will bear in mind that I need to stick it out for a while before making any rash decisions.

Best of luck
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by happyboy
don't be such a tart lee.........
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice
Smile Re: Panic attacks anyone?

I think this is normal...I get regular panic attacks about emigrating too! Here I was thinking it was just me!
It will be a rollercoaster journey but you've gotta keep that long term goal in mind...our year-old daughter will be so much better off growing up an Aussie instead of a Pom!!
Even though I seem to have a straighforward case to emigrate (married to an Aussie for 4 years now and we have a child), it is just as unsettling, time is ticking on fast, hope to get away to Oz in Nov as hubby's visa expires, and not yet sent off the forms, will we make it in time??! Got the process underway now though, just waiting on a few more documents to be certified/posted from Oz/returned etc, then we can fill out the form.
Go for it and enjoy the ride - you gotta take the rough with the smoooove...
Good luck!!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the pursers
I think this is normal...I get regular panic attacks about emigrating too! Here I was thinking it was just me!
It will be a rollercoaster journey but you've gotta keep that long term goal in mind...our year-old daughter will be so much better off growing up an Aussie instead of a Pom!!
Even though I seem to have a straighforward case to emigrate (married to an Aussie for 4 years now and we have a child), it is just as unsettling, time is ticking on fast, hope to get away to Oz in Nov as hubby's visa expires, and not yet sent off the forms, will we make it in time??! Got the process underway now though, just waiting on a few more documents to be certified/posted from Oz/returned etc, then we can fill out the form.
Go for it and enjoy the ride - you gotta take the rough with the smoooove...
Good luck!!
Good words of wisdom! Good luck to you, a friend of mine is also married to an aussie so totally understand that it is not straightforward being married to a citizen! Although it would make sense to be a bit easier. But the very best of luck to you and hope baby has the happy, healthy outdoor lifestyle that you want for him/her.

Tatyana
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

I think I should be saying thanks but you do not fill me with pleasant thoughts...its going to get worse. aRGGHHHHH I guess its honest though and wouldn't want to be told its all excellent when you get there and then wonder why I am so different and homesick.

Glad you are happy and will bear in mind that I need to stick it out for a while before making any rash decisions.

Best of luck
Life is an adventure enjoy every minute without ever having to say what if.

You will be fine doll.

Loads of karma coming your way

xxxx
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by maggy
Life is an adventure enjoy every minute without ever having to say what if.

You will be fine doll.

Loads of karma coming your way

xxxx
I am the nervous wreck of all nervous wreck's!!!!

Tantrums, crying then happy, then sad.

We leave in just over 4 weeks.

Tonight I'm meeting up with some friends and instead of being happy - I feel like going for a bubble!!!!!!!

I do actually want to go to Perth - but sometimes I do question myself.

Men on the other hand seem far laid back.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Yesterday I looked at homes in the UK on the internet and even set up a viewing.

What am I all about????????????????????????

'PM' me if you need a shoulder to cry on - then again, maybe not, you'll end up depressed if you speak to me!!!

Chin up!

Laura
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gordon&laura

Tonight I'm meeting up with some friends and instead of being happy - I feel like going for a bubble!!!!!!!

Yesterday I looked at homes in the UK on the internet and even set up a viewing.

'PM' me if you need a shoulder to cry on - then again, maybe not, you'll end up depressed if you speak to me!!!

Chin up!

Laura
Hey Laura

Sounds like we are at the same stage! and will be probably be here for a very long time!!!!

Where are you off to and have you got stuff sorted etc that end?

I am heading to Sydney first of all and then probably Brisbane after 6 months when I want to join the police but will be working and living in central Sydney hopefully - near the beach would be good

T
Old Jun 1st 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gordon&laura

Chin up!

Laura
Dont get me started on men Laura lol.

Im so glad im here now cant imagine being back in Uk but it did take time to settle.

I have some fab mates here one in particular Alison who is like a sister to me we met 3 years ago at work and have been inseparable since, holidays together etc.

Siren AKA Christina my very first friend and the one who really helped me settle here in Perth, we met 3 years ago and although now live in different suburbs meet up weekly.

Old posters Jill The Banana Diaries, Vegemite Kids, Teresa, Jopualus.

We used to have regular coffee meets at each others houses thats how we met each other even started a thread the glass shoe diaries accounting our weekly meets lol.

Going from leaving all my mates in the UK to starting a fresh was daunting but I now find it hard to keep in touch with my mates over here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.