Wikiposts

Panic

Old Sep 1st 2003, 6:42 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Panic

Removals are coming on Thursday and I am nowhere near ready. Don't know how I will manage without our computer, its my lifeline. House was supposed to exchange last Friday but buyers solicitor want a letter from Planning Dept confrming our conservatory is within specified limits so that it doesn't need planning permission, apparantly a copy of the building specs won't do! The letter can take 10 days to produce (?) and we are supposed to be completing on the 10th Sept.

Lady buying our house is tearing her hair out as well as she has already booked the removal van and the deposit monies are with her solicitor.

So we are sending off all our wordly posessions on Thursday, having a leaving do on Friday and leaving on Wednesday and we haven't exchanged yet!!!

On top of this we are now getting panicky that we are doing the right thing. We have a good lifestyle in a beautiful part of the world and we're leaving it all and taking the kids to the other side of the world for an adventure!

PANIC PANIC PANIC

Steph
Old Sep 1st 2003, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice

Sure you are doing the right thing - if you didn't you would always wonder what if?

We live near you and have a pretty good lifestyle. Both got good jobs, nice house, good school etc but actual quality of life is somewhat lacking.

Good Luck!
Old Sep 1st 2003, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

oh christ now youve got me panicking about about permission for our conservatory ,we just took the company on face value that we didnt need it.
Let us know the outcome
good luck
donna
Old Sep 1st 2003, 7:34 pm
Finally made it

That's the annoying thing, we know we don't need planning permission, it didn't even come up when we bought the house 8 yrs ago. My solicitor can't understand why they are being such a pain in the backside as she can point out the regulation and provide them with plans but they want it in writing!

Call me a cynic but they are making a nice amount of interest on the deposit monies whilst we are waiting and isn't it strange that they only asked for the info on the day we were supposed to exchange?

Don't worry, unless yours is absolutey massive (ours is 12 by 11) you won't have a problem I'm sure.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 7:38 pm
Finally made it

Originally posted by Amanda&Paul
Sure you are doing the right thing - if you didn't you would always wonder what if?

We live near you and have a pretty good lifestyle. Both got good jobs, nice house, good school etc but actual quality of life is somewhat lacking.

Good Luck!
cheers guys. I think it's all the "finals" that are making us panic. Last time we'll go here for a meal, last time we'll go out on this boat, last time we'll shop here... Silly things I know but it's getting pretty scary. I think once we've left Poole we'll be able to look forward a little bit more.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Panic

Originally posted by Paul and Steph
Removals are coming on Thursday and I am nowhere near ready. Don't know how I will manage without our computer, its my lifeline. House was supposed to exchange last Friday but buyers solicitor want a letter from Planning Dept confrming our conservatory is within specified limits so that it doesn't need planning permission, apparantly a copy of the building specs won't do! The letter can take 10 days to produce (?) and we are supposed to be completing on the 10th Sept.

Lady buying our house is tearing her hair out as well as she has already booked the removal van and the deposit monies are with her solicitor.

So we are sending off all our wordly posessions on Thursday, having a leaving do on Friday and leaving on Wednesday and we haven't exchanged yet!!!

On top of this we are now getting panicky that we are doing the right thing. We have a good lifestyle in a beautiful part of the world and we're leaving it all and taking the kids to the other side of the world for an adventure!

PANIC PANIC PANIC

Steph

Steph, your not alone, we (and I'm sure many others) are in the same position. We travel to Sydney on the 25th 2 of us plus 4 yr old moving out of house on the 19th. We have our last leaving do a week sunday, but everything seems backed up trying to get things in before we go. We firmly believe we could recreate what we have here if we needed to, and are trying very hard although not easy to look forward. I think there are some fantastic experiences ahead so try and stay positive although its challenging I am sure it will be worth it.

Whilst we have lots of really great friends and family here and have no money worries as such, we are acutely aware that there is more out their to see and do, and lots more interesting people to meet. Sometimes moving out of the comfort zone is necessary and not really that big a risk (though it feels like it) given that you can go back if really really want to.

good luck

James
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Nice posts from you all. Good luck on your new adventures.

Whisky
Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:17 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Removals are coming on Thursday and I am nowhere near ready. Don't know how I will manage without our computer, its my lifeline....

Steph
I was thinking of leaving the computer out of the shipping and getting a laptop when we are out there. This saves waiting for it the other end and means you have access to the internet to the very last minute before you go. You could always give the computer to parents to encourage them to email you.

Mind you, we are not selling up, just renting out, initially so maybe that makes it a little easier for us.

Anyway, don't panic and all the best.

Rob
Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:19 pm
Geelong October!!!!

Codgob is an unknown quantity at this point

At that stage now,everything was trundling along fine,but now everything seems to be going in fast forward with no freeze frame!
Movers here (went for Pickfords £575 cuft for £2250) in two weeks,notice for work in today,house should be completing on the 19th all being well,weekly partys start next week,fly out to Geelong on the 5th,three weeks sorting stuff out then start work on the 3rd November.
Every emotion you can think of hits you,packed myself up the Brecon Beacons at the weekend,sat at the top of the biggest mountain and watched the mist clear away below me,saw sights I'd never seen before even thougth I've been up there loads of times,amazing,leaving it all behind worried about schooling settling in housing,but you've got to give it a go,or like everyone says spend the rest of your life saying "if only"
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 1:12 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi steph,

we havent had planning permission for our conservatory either...
our buyers were happy with a one off indemnity payment(I think thats what its called)..about £150!!!..just incase they find out later that we shouldve got it..

know exactly how you are feeling steph..hang on in there and we'll see ya there!
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

PANIC PANIC PANIC

Steph
Hi Steph,
we too are in Poole, we're a long way off from the stage you are at, still waiting for the TRA!!!!
i'm off work this week and what i did yesterday was take my daughter to all the places i played as a child, took her to my old house, my first school, the beach hideouts in the cliffs etc! took loads of photos, people must've thought we were mad!
i can understand your panic, but like you say its a huge adventure and yes Poole is a beautiful part of the world, but just like in Australia there are some not so nice parts! Yes you are doing the right thing, enjoy every moment of it!
best wishes
rach and family
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

barry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nice

PANIC PANIC PANIC

Steph
Hi guys - cant help u on the house front I'm afraid. (we had a conservatory and had no questions asked ( 13x10 ) !! You are doing the right thing. Be positive. Hope it works out ok
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 4:52 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

We're also moving out of our home without the legal side of the sale being finalised. You just have to go with the flow, and we personally preferred to get on with things rather than put too much of a hold on plans.

Our buyer's solicitor also asked for a copy of planning consent for some building work done 19 years ago. Our own solicitor said they were just trying it on, and she told them to go away. Apparently that has worked.

The alternative view is that some solicitors are not on a flat fee basis and are trying to string out their work. Maybe that is being unkind, maybe not.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 5:33 am
Brisbane

Trayla is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a phone call yesterday from my solicitor asking if we'd had ever applied for planning permission or for building regulation approval since our ownership of the property.

We have an extension, built by the previous owner so I immediatley thought that there was something wrong.

I feel a bit better reading these posts, we hope to complete by 12th Sept and fly on the 18th Sept, we had just worked up the courage to book the flights when we were asked the question.

We are reluctant to book them now until we exchange - STRESS!!!

Good luck everyone

Trayla
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Removals are coming on Thursday and I am nowhere near ready. Don't know how I will manage without our computer, its my lifeline.

PANIC PANIC PANIC

Steph

i think other people will agree with this, when you are in the middle of the application process like we are it all seems so unreal, but when the time comes to actually move then i think that reality hits home

but what an adventure hey!!

arlene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.