Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

panel docs - edinburgh/glasgow - any recommendations please?

panel docs - edinburgh/glasgow - any recommendations please?

Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

zenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant future
Default panel docs - edinburgh/glasgow - any recommendations please?

we are looking at getting our medicals done in october so need to get booked up soon as the waiting lists at the docs seem quite long. i rang the 2 docs on the list in edinburgh. the 1st one quoted £105 for basic medical + £25 blood test. £50 for a child. Said only place to get chest x ray was bupa - £70

(2 adults + 1 child = £450)

2nd one in edinburgh quotes £80 basic medical + £30 blood test. £45 for child

(2 adults + 1 child = £405)

Is this quite a reasonable price or should we go elsewhere - glasgow/newcastle (we go up there to visit friends anyway)

any help greatfully received!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

peterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant future
Default Re: panel docs - edinburgh/glasgow - any recommendations please?

Originally Posted by zenamethyst
we are looking at getting our medicals done in october so need to get booked up soon as the waiting lists at the docs seem quite long. i rang the 2 docs on the list in edinburgh. the 1st one quoted £105 for basic medical + £25 blood test. £50 for a child. Said only place to get chest x ray was bupa - £70

Is this quite a reasonable price or should we go elsewhere - glasgow/newcastle (we go up there to visit friends anyway)

we used dr smart bonnyrigg health centre
reasonable price and meds no problems
peter
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zenamethyst

Hi,we went to Carlisle docs,he was very good,2 adults were around £300 if I remember right,all the best Dave
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

linz & edd is just really nicelinz & edd is just really nicelinz & edd is just really nicelinz & edd is just really nicelinz & edd is just really nicelinz & edd is just really nicelinz & edd is just really nicelinz & edd is just really nicelinz & edd is just really nicelinz & edd is just really nicelinz & edd is just really nice

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi,we went to Carlisle docs,he was very good,2 adults were around £300 if I remember right,all the best Dave
hi we also used Dr Smart Bonnyrigg, £250. for 2 audults , 1 child. went to Perth royal for xrays £47.00 each
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Went to Glasgow doc for meds

2 adults = £260

X-rays at Nuffield

2 adults = £140

some previous posts complained about Glasgow doc but we had no problems at all with her.

AL
Old Aug 1st 2006, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

We used dr smart at bonnyrigg health centre, he was great and also does saturdays so we got a saturday morning at very short notice. He is very thorough but nice. We are nearer to glasgow but bad reports on prev threads about dr gillespie at shawlands

hope this helps

sarah-jayne
Old Aug 1st 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
We used Dr Smart at Bonnyrigg as well and we had no problems whatsoever even gave me time to lie down for 5 mins cause my blood pressure was a bit high
and yes we had to go to Murrayfield hospital for the x-rays tip if you get them done on the Friday you get the x-rays away with you otherwise you have to go back another day for them

Billy & Vicki
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

I went to Edinburgh for my medicals even though I'm in Glasgow. I heard awful stories about the Glasgow panel doc and so decided to go to Morningside Medical Centre.
I went to the Nuffield in Glasgow for my X-rays and they were £70. I then went to Edinburgh the next day and had Dr Uttley who was lovely. The medicals were £105 and £25 for extra blood tests.
Can't praise them enough, they were all lovely, the process was made much simpler because of the great staff and centre. Definitely go with them if you have the choice.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:33 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally would NOT recommend the Glasgow doctor
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by biggy
And I definatley second that, We had the Female Glasgow doctor who was a nightmare and caused us a lot of hassle not to mention the obscene amount of money we had to pay, do not go near her!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 1:04 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

we went to the edinburgh doc, cant remember her full name but it was Samantha something or other, she was really nice... hubby went to the glasgow doctor casue we had to rearrange his, and she was extremely wierd, and ponged a bit !!!!!
so def go to Edinburgh !!!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:31 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
we went to the edinburgh doc, cant remember her full name but it was Samantha something or other, she was really nice... hubby went to the glasgow doctor casue we had to rearrange his, and she was extremely wierd, and ponged a bit !!!!!
so def go to Edinburgh !!!

horse shit if I remember correctly
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:38 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

Same here - God knows how she is still on the list of Panel Doctors....its a shame too cos she is the only one in Glasgow. She was a horror :scared:

Wendy
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 11:08 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: panel docs - edinburgh/glasgow - any recommendations please?

Hi, we also used Dr Smart at Bonnyrigg, no probs at all, very nice man, and got an appointment really quickly - also x-rays at Bupa in edinburgh, again really quick appointment. Good luck when it comes - really it isnt anything to worry about.
Clairex
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 11:40 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

horse shit if I remember correctly

LOL that was exactly what it was !!!!!!