Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Panel Beating / Car Spraying work OZ help please

Panel Beating / Car Spraying work OZ help please

Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:21 am
Just Joined

tommysbodyshop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Panel Beating / Car Spraying work OZ help please

Hi there everyone I'am Tommy , not really sure if this is the correct place to be asking this ?? But il give it a try .

I am a panel beater and car sprayer by trade and run my own bodyshop doing so , but now after many years of thought , i would like to move to Australia to experience it and work as well .

As that is what i know best i thought that would be the best option for me work wise .

I was wondering if there are any bodyshops on here that would be interested in employing me or if anyone here knows of any .

Im 26 by the way , as im guessing i would get asked for Visa issues .

Anyway thanks for reading this and hopefully someone will be able to help me out .
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:13 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Panel Beating / Car Spraying work OZ help please

I think this occupation is on the regional sponsored visa list, so you would have to find an employer who was not in the major cities to sponsor you for a visa. You could also get a working holiday visa (assuming you qualify for one and your age suggests you should), and have a look for potential sponsors while you are on that visa.

BB
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee View Post
I think this occupation is on the regional sponsored visa list, so you would have to find an employer who was not in the major cities to sponsor you for a visa. You could also get a working holiday visa (assuming you qualify for one and your age suggests you should), and have a look for potential sponsors while you are on that visa.

BB
And there is certainly plenty of work in regional areas for Panel Beaters and Spray Painters. A WHV sounds like a good start.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

tommysbodyshop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm thats interesting . thanks everyone ! i will do some more investigation , and see what i can find .

I will also take any more information that i can take , thanks
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

OH is a panel beater.... In Perth at the moment there are jobs NOR, but this way it's a bit slow... Insurance companies are squeezing the life out of the trade.

Locally people are being let go.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:37 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by eddie007 View Post
OH is a panel beater.... In Perth at the moment there are jobs NOR, but this way it's a bit slow... Insurance companies are squeezing the life out of the trade.

Locally people are being let go.
i got my skilled visa being a self employed spray painter and then worked for mazda in brisbane but as stated its crap pay for what you do and their are plenty of people to do any jobs that come up,get ur own skilled visa and then go over to oz and you dont have to take the first job offered