pampered cat

Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Donnamarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pampered cat

Hi,

We are at very early stages but was hoping for advice from those who have taken pets with them. I have a 14 year old persian cat who is in v good health (touch wood) and doesn't show her age at all. she is very spoilt and takes a while to get used to strangers. She hasn't had to go to the vets for 6 or 7 years and I really want her to come with us but only if it won't stress her out too much - i would be heartbroken if it finished her off. Has anyone else taken an elderly pet and how did they get on (the pet that is!)
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:38 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pampered cat

Originally posted by Donnamarie
Hi,

We are at very early stages but was hoping for advice from those who have taken pets with them. I have a 14 year old persian cat who is in v good health (touch wood) and doesn't show her age at all. she is very spoilt and takes a while to get used to strangers. She hasn't had to go to the vets for 6 or 7 years and I really want her to come with us but only if it won't stress her out too much - i would be heartbroken if it finished her off. Has anyone else taken an elderly pet and how did they get on (the pet that is!)
You may also be Heartbroken when you see the cost

You need to consider this carefully.

G
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Donnamarie,
probably the best thing to do would be to take her into your local vets and explain the situation. They'll give your cat a quick check up and should be able to advise you. You'll have to take her in to get her chipped and all her injections brought up to date anyway.

Good luck,

Salli