Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

palm beach or robina??

palm beach or robina??

Old Apr 2nd 2006, 2:23 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default palm beach or robina??

hi guys help needed

we have been looking at palm beach and robina state high schools for our 13 year old daughter
can anyone tell us what these areas are like to live in

ie good, bad or as rough as a bears arse?

any info gratefully received

thanks

steve
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 2:28 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: palm beach or robina??

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi guys help needed

we have been looking at palm beach and robina state high schools for our 13 year old daughter

thanks

steve
Hey there Steve-oh!!

Haven't lived there but Palm Beach is one of my all time favourite places EVER!
It seems to be a VERY affluent area so if you could afford to buy and live there I think you'd be laughing all the way to the bank.
It's also where Home and Away is filmed!!
( sorry, i know I'm providing you with useless info here )
Anyway, hope you get some helpfull replies to your queery.
(I'd still go with Palm Beach.)

*pearly*
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Palm Beach NSW or Palm Beach Queensland?
Pretty sure there isn't a high school at Palm Beach NSW (where Home and Away is filmed), never been to the other one so wouldn't have a clue!!
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 3:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hi

Palm Beach NSW or Palm Beach Queensland?
Pretty sure there isn't a high school at Palm Beach NSW (where Home and Away is filmed), never been to the other one so wouldn't have a clue!!

its palm beach qeensland

http://www.pbc-shs.qld.edu.au/

sorry for any confusion
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 3:15 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

its palm beach qeensland

http://www.pbc-shs.qld.edu.au/

sorry for any confusion
OH - well that changes everything then.
Sorry cant help you there Steve-oh.
*pearly*
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 3:44 pm
Guest21

hi guys help needed

thanks

steve
I live in the US now but saw your post and thought I might be able to help.
I lived in Palm Beach and I know for a fact as I had friends with kids there that Palm Beach is not a good place to school your kids, I lived in the middle and that was the nice end, when you get to the lower numbers you are then talking rough area in general or it was in the late 90's and early 2001-2002.
Why are you thinking of one end of the coast to the other? I seem to remeber that that there is a good school in Tallebudgera you will have to look it up or even Nerang.

Palm beach is an excellant place to live and play but not to school.
Try Currumbin also thats a very nice place.

Hope that helps?

Old Apr 2nd 2006, 4:17 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by whiskers
I live in the US now but saw your post and thought I might be able to help.
I lived in Palm Beach and I know for a fact as I had friends with kids there that Palm Beach is not a good place to school your kids, I lived in the middle and that was the nice end, when you get to the lower numbers you are then talking rough area in general or it was in the late 90's and early 2001-2002.
Why are you thinking of one end of the coast to the other? I seem to remeber that that there is a good school in Tallebudgera you will have to look it up or even Nerang.

Palm beach is an excellant place to live and play but not to school.
Try Currumbin also thats a very nice place.

Hope that helps?
hi thanks for your reply

dont however understand
" Why are you thinking of one end of the coast to the other? "
arn`t robina and palm beach quite close to each other ?

regards steve
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 9:37 pm
Guest21

hi thanks for your reply

dont however understand
" Why are you thinking of one end of the coast to the other? "
arn`t robina and palm beach quite close to each other ?

regards steve
Well we have PM'D now but incase anyone else is wondering Robina my mistake I was thinking of Labrador further down the coast, but still Robina is inland and can be a hike getting to in the mornings with the traffic.

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

hi guys help needed

thanks

steve
Hi
I think you have to come with your child visit the schools and make your own mind up about schools, as u will get so many opinions from other people!!!

Our eldest 2 aged 12 and 16 go to Robina High and they love it. It seems a very relaxed school but my kids say they still do the same amount of work as in the UK the teachers are just much more relaxed and on the same level as the kids. Other people told us to pay for private schools but they are really happy there. Our eldest hopes to go to uni and is on track to get an OP 4 (needs at least a 5 or 6 to do architecture) so he's doing well. A lot from Robina high go onto jobs/training.
My 16 year old says PBC always thrash RSHS at sport apart from golf and girls soccer, so if your child is sporty you might think this is a better option.

We love the area around Robina, its a modern expanding town with a lot of new houses and lots going on so its not far to drive your kids to things.
Palm beach is an older, more established area and great if the beach is your main thing, personally I need to go to the shops and Robina more than the beach so for us its better to be near Robina, we are only 10 mins from the beach too.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

I'm in Currumbin and love it here, its not overly busy pretty 'n' green and close to great beaches....will be happy to help if you need any info. Other nice parts are Elanora and Tallebadgera. There is a small shopping centre called the Pines and its only 15 mins down the HW to Robina

As far as Palm Beach is concerned there is a very small pocket of not so nice, but over all doesn't seem too bad to me....can't help with the school there, but you could live in some parts of Palm Beach and be able to get into Elanora and Currumbin schools.

Also think you are better off coming out and having a real good look for yourself, as everybody likes different things.

All the best
Sue x

Last edited by Sue2; Apr 3rd 2006 at 5:43 am.