Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This palce is dogs poo

This palce is dogs poo

Old Jun 16th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future
Angry This palce is dogs poo

Everywhere I go I'm dodging dogs poo. It becomes even more annoying when I'm pushing my son in his 3 wheeler trying to steer it round peices of sh*t all the time. Then I let him out of his pram when I finallyget on the feilds/park and am forever looking out for his every step to make sure he's not heading for another big dollop ? Is it as bad in Oz or am I gonna be looking forward to more cleaner pleasant walks with my kids??
Old Jun 16th 2005, 12:29 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: This palce is dogs poo

I'm sure it must depend where you live in OZ. There are responsible and irresponsible dog owners everywhere.

I live in Bayside in Melbourne and it's one of the thing's I've noticed.... how little dog poo there is. I was the same as you in the North of England, one of my friends actually counted 36 piles of the stuff on her 3 minute walk to school ....needs to get a life I think!

Having said that there was a huge hoo-haa at the weekend when my son was playing soccer at his local club. On another pitch a women had her dog off-leash when it ran in the middle of the pitch and took a dump in the middle of the game. They had to stop the game while the rather red-faced owner pooper scooped the offending article.

There are bags and bins provided in most places in the area we live to pick up after your dog. Don't have a dog so haven't overly noticed the locations but beaches, parks, reserves spring to mind.

Hope this helps. Where are you looking at moving to?
Old Jun 16th 2005, 12:38 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
Everywhere I go I'm dodging dogs poo. It becomes even more annoying when I'm pushing my son in his 3 wheeler trying to steer it round peices of sh*t all the time. Then I let him out of his pram when I finallyget on the feilds/park and am forever looking out for his every step to make sure he's not heading for another big dollop ? Is it as bad in Oz or am I gonna be looking forward to more cleaner pleasant walks with my kids??
Its not a big problem here. I've only stepped in maybe a couple of piles in 18 years.

The reason? Most people tend not to walk their dogs. Dogs to a large extent are yard animals and not taken out much. You see a few people walking their dogs but nothing like the numbers in the UK
Old Jun 16th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Not noticed any doggy do on the Northern Beaches...very clean in fact!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 1:35 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

You do get a bit of it - it depends on area. But beaches are well protected big fines for taking dog on non-dog beach etc

The provision of dog poo bins & bags etc is far higher - so its easier to do properly.

The Law here (in qld) states that if you are stopped when walking your dog without a suitable 'pooper scooper' you are fined. So its like 'going equipped' but in reverse, thats pretty cool. (As told to us by the doggy people at the doggy show).
Old Jun 16th 2005, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
You do get a bit of it - it depends on area. But beaches are well protected big fines for taking dog on non-dog beach etc

The provision of dog poo bins & bags etc is far higher - so its easier to do properly.

The Law here (in qld) states that if you are stopped when walking your dog without a suitable 'pooper scooper' you are fined. So its like 'going equipped' but in reverse, thats pretty cool. (As told to us by the doggy people at the doggy show).
By equipped I assume they mean you've got to have a couple of the said doggy poo bags. I always do when I walk the dog, though occasionally I have used them all up when hes been particularly 'productive' on that walk. I wonder what would happen if I got stopped on the way home, bagless?

JTL
Old Jun 16th 2005, 1:59 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Not noticed any doggy do on the Northern Beaches...very clean in fact!
You are not allowed dogs on any of the northern beaches - Up around Pittwater on the inside there is a beach which allows dogs but it is not one you would like in bare feet anyway more mud flats than beach.

Plus dogs are not allowed in any national park and other nominated areas so it can be diffcult taking your dog with you for an outing.

Cheers
Old Jun 16th 2005, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sandra
You are not allowed dogs on any of the northern beaches - Up around Pittwater on the inside there is a beach which allows dogs but it is not one you would like in bare feet anyway more mud flats than beach.

Plus dogs are not allowed in any national park and other nominated areas so it can be diffcult taking your dog with you for an outing.

Cheers
I meant in general....towns...not just the beaches...I live in manly and haven't see doogy do about the pathways...I see lots of dogs and lots of good people with little plastic bags to collect....
Old Jun 16th 2005, 2:19 am
Badge

This is one of the few threads where someone having a little complain is actually justified - very few dog poo in Australia. Honestly.

B

Old Jun 16th 2005, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Is it as bad in Oz or am I gonna be looking forward to more cleaner pleasant walks with my kids??
You will be able to walk your kids in a cleaner, less polluted and safer environment. We used to live in a leafy lane in the UK and all the inconsiderate dog owners for about 2 miles around used to bring their dogs here to crap. I'm glad we left.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:03 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

I've not noticed anywhere near as much dog mess here as on the streets back home. I DID see a white one the other day though!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
I've not noticed anywhere near as much dog mess here as on the streets back home. I DID see a white one the other day though!
Isn't there some superstition that says it's lucky if you tread in it?
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

optus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura about

Is your baby's nappy on good a tight? :scared:

Seriously though, and having two dogs myself, I have not noticed any problem over here. Most people seem to carry with them poo bags. Although, I have noticed that occasionally some yard dogs do get out and go walkabout during the day. I wonder if you have a stray problem in your area.

Optus
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:45 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by optus
Is your baby's nappy on good a tight? :scared:

Seriously though, and having two dogs myself, I have not noticed any problem over here. Most people seem to carry with them poo bags. Although, I have noticed that occasionally some yard dogs do get out and go walkabout during the day. I wonder if you have a stray problem in your area.

Optus
Ive found this too - it stuns me, but might be because we're now in suburbia and before we were in non-suburbia in uk. People dont mind their dogs getting out of the house, our dog in Uk (who stayed in UK) would be in the next county in 30 seconds given half a chance.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:10 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, we live on a leafy dog-walkers lane too. It was at its worst during the foot-and-mouth crisis, seemingly every mutt for 5 miles came to empty its bowels down our lane. Even the ones that bothered to pick up their dog's crap often dropped the package in our rubbish bin! Bastards. Mind you, you have to watch yourself, one middle-aged woman here was walking on the common and saw this other young woman's dog drop its trousers and didn't bother to pick it up. So the middle-aged woman asked the young woman to clean up after her dog - the young woman's response was to pick up her dog's shit and rub it in the middle age woman's face. And this in the heart of the caring-sharing Cotswolds. Petty-minded little-Englanders who care about nothing and nobody but themselves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.