Paint

Old Jan 12th 2004, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Cath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paint

Anyone know if we can bring new cans of paint in to australia when we emigrate in August. My daughters have picked out colours for their new rooms and we thought it would be easier to get the stuff here but I heard somewhere that you cant bring paint. Can't imagine why?? Perhaps this just applies to opened tins????
Old Jan 12th 2004, 2:43 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I'd have thought it would go all funny in the container of the way over, what with the heat and all.

Unless you were planning to fly it over and then I would be worried about the pressure in hold ( and the cost - paint tins weigh a ton! )
Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:47 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Paint

Originally posted by Cath
Anyone know if we can bring new cans of paint in to australia when we emigrate in August. My daughters have picked out colours for their new rooms and we thought it would be easier to get the stuff here but I heard somewhere that you cant bring paint. Can't imagine why?? Perhaps this just applies to opened tins????
We do have paint out here, you know.... Dulux, all that sort of thing. Why don't you just bring the make and code for the paint your daughters want and get it here. Besides, the light is different here (there's more of it!) so your daughters may well change their minds when they get here, and choose a differnt colour to go with the sunshine....
Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:52 pm
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with DUP, we are rather civilized here with paint an all...
It seems a little absurd that you are considering carrying paint in your luggage...I mean really.....
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Cath is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your thoughts. I dont doubt that you are civilised in Australia however I know people in the trade here that can get paint etc cheap for me
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:13 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Cath
Thanks for your thoughts. I dont doubt that you are civilised in Australia however I know people in the trade here that can get paint etc cheap for me
Hi Cath

Even if you got it for free it would still cost more for air freight than it cost here. If you can bring it in your container then it'll probably work our at about four quid per cubic foot to bring it (about a 5 litre tin for four quid.) That would make it worth while. If your daughters then change their minds you can always use it to paint the dunny!