Reload this Page >

Paid by UK Business/Doing business in Australia/Tax

Paid by UK Business/Doing business in Australia/Tax

Old May 6th 2008, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

headingyourway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paid by UK Business/Doing business in Australia/Tax

Hi. Any help or hints appreciated!

I am the director of an small agency in the UK. The company has no PAYE employees (other than myself), but uses contractors in the UK and around the world.

Can anyone give me any hints as to the best way to deal with my finances? Before I go to an accountant I want to do as much groundwork as possible and try and get a better understanding of the way things
work.

These are the questions that I have...

1. Has anyone experience of running a UK company from Australia and/or in tandem with running an Australian company doing the same business in Australia?

2. I am anticipating receiving income from dividends from the UK company – I assume that tax will have been paid in England - how is this taxation treated in Australia?

3. What to do about salary that would have been paid PAYE in the UK?

4. I also have a personal pension that is paid into by my company? Is there anything I should think about in connection with this?

Any other hints, tips and guidelines would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old May 8th 2008, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Paid by UK Business/Doing business in Australia/Tax

Surely I can't be the only businessman to manage his business from Aus?!! Seriously, any help, tips or hints appreciated!
Old May 8th 2008, 9:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If you ask complex, detailed questions you won't get many responses as people just don't have the answer.

What is your visa status?

If you want professional assistance, maybe contact Alan Collett (search forum for contact details).
Old May 8th 2008, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

JAJ, fair point!

Visa is granted.

OK, I guess simplifying things.. I guess this is the essence of what I am asking..

Has anyone experience of running a UK company from Australia?