Reload this Page >

Paid bond for exrta points "ouch"

Wikiposts

Paid bond for exrta points "ouch"

Old Apr 27th 2003, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

40 thousand pound sounds nothing.

Aussie Friends immigrating to Canada are paying $400,000 thats about 160,000 pounds and its tied up for 5 years.

Australia seems very easy to get into compared to USA and Canada. I believe the reason is Australia is desperate for workers to come in and support the ageing population. People with very low education and assets seem to get in, people who would struggle under the criterea of other countries.
Old Apr 27th 2003, 2:57 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paid bond for exrta points "ouch"

Originally posted by jockney
Hi,We paid our $100,000 for the extra points this week to sa gov investment.We asked a few months ago if we could make the investment but were told to wait until request to do so.When we were going to do it before it worked out at £35,250 when we paid it this week it was £39,603 OUCH!!!Shitty rate of 2.525 dollars.Halewood are predicting that the rate may drop again with the target rate of 2.40 but I am not sure about that.I dont think you can predict these things using history alone.On the bright side the interest rates are better in oz. jockney
A fool and his money are soon parted as for the rate of excahange it real rate should be nearer 2-1 as it was for many years the Aussie interest rates next move is up which will push up the rubber dollar.
Interest rates are higher here so get real and always have been look at the mortgage rates , you will borrow money sometime everyone does.
Did it not dawn on you that if the only way to get in was a bribe that Australia has little use for you?

Old Apr 27th 2003, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
40 thousand pound sounds nothing.

Aussie Friends immigrating to Canada are paying $400,000 thats about 160,000 pounds and its tied up for 5 years.

Australia seems very easy to get into compared to USA and Canada. I believe the reason is Australia is desperate for workers to come in and support the ageing population. People with very low education and assets seem to get in, people who would struggle under the criterea of other countries.

Thanks for the replys as I dont live in England I asked my sister she said the same as all of you, if she was 30 years younger she would be gone she is sick of the place but as a holiday destination i'ts a great place...........

One more thing Canada is very hard to get into, my niece and her hubby have been refused twice and they are nurses ????????

I wish every sooo.... much luck what a great adventure it will be.......