Padi

Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:12 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Padi

Morning all,

Was wondering - yonks ago when i was in Australia last i took the courses etc and am (was) qualified to Divemaster. As i am a soft, southern, larger drinking weed and i am now in the UK (not for much longer though) i havent been diving for a good few years, does anyone know if i would have to resit my exams if so from what level - would it be just the DM course again?

Cheers

Jon
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Padi

Divemaster eh!! Cool.

Surely they will just ask you to do a refresher dive. And it'll all come flooding back to you.

SS
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:20 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Divemaster eh!! Cool.

Surely they will just ask you to do a refresher dive. And it'll all come flooding back to you.

SS
Ha Ha very funny. Aren't you the witty one!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Well I was going to say "excuse the pun"....but there was clearly no need

SS
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:22 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Divemaster eh!! Cool.

SS
Thats what i am hoping - as i recall it was quite expensive for i dont really want to have to resit the chuffing lot again !
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

I bet you don't.

Scuba diving is one of my reasons for moving Down Under. I am only qualified to Advanced Level but it is my aim to become a DM one day

SS
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:25 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was going to say "excuse the pun"....but there was clearly no need

SS
Mmmmm no comment!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:34 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

I bet you don't.

Scuba diving is one of my reasons for moving Down Under. I am only qualified to Advanced Level but it is my aim to become a DM one day

SS
When i get to the relevant instructor level - i'll teach you for free ( or a small contribution to the Wargod beer fund)
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:27 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Phone PADI International in Bristol since they would most likely have your records there. Speak to member services and explain you dont have your membership number (if you dont that is...). They should be able to pull up your details and tell you what to do from there.

The number is +44 (0) 117 300 7234

It may be a case of retraining or a status update or anything really depending on the circumstances. Speak to them and you will find them helpful, approachable and quite a good bunch.

Worst comes to the worst then I have a nice pool in the back yard if you come to Brisbane...lol.

Originally Posted by wargod
Morning all,

Was wondering - yonks ago when i was in Australia last i took the courses etc and am (was) qualified to Divemaster. As i am a soft, southern, larger drinking weed and i am now in the UK (not for much longer though) i havent been diving for a good few years, does anyone know if i would have to resit my exams if so from what level - would it be just the DM course again?

Cheers

Jon
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:42 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by Centurion
Phone PADI International in Bristol since they would most likely have your records there. Speak to member services and explain you dont have your membership number (if you dont that is...). They should be able to pull up your details and tell you what to do from there.

The number is +44 (0) 117 300 7234

It may be a case of retraining or a status update or anything really depending on the circumstances. Speak to them and you will find them helpful, approachable and quite a good bunch.

Worst comes to the worst then I have a nice pool in the back yard if you come to Brisbane...lol.
Bristol was going to be the next phone call. Cheers though
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:50 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,
Cheers
Jon
As long as you have your certs & intend to dive in conditions that you trained & qualified in, there shouldnt be any problem. However..... you may find that the reputable shops/resorts that would hire you (assuming you are looking for work) would require some recent dive experience (eg 20+ in the last 12 months or so).
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Your rescue diver qualification would still certainly be valid but I'm not sure about the divemaster one since it requires annual professional membership of PADI (one of the reasons I've never bothered doing it since I have no interest in teaching).

As others have said I would phone PADI in Bristol and ask. If you haven't dived for a while I would expect most dive centres would prefer you to do at least a refresher dive before diving with just a buddy.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:35 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

My kid brother's a divemaster (in fact he just landed a job as Training and Education manager at Planet Scuba in Thailand link if you're interested). I'll drop him an email and ask him.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

When i get to the relevant instructor level - i'll teach you for free ( or a small contribution to the Wargod beer fund)
Now that sounds like a great plan

SS