Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

packing from shipping company?

packing from shipping company?

Old Jul 29th 2013, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default packing from shipping company?

i used white and co over in uk who use another company here in oz,im wondering when they deliver i can have them take out all the big stuff and place in the room i know they are going,but as i have so many boxes and items and need a bit of time to go through it all can they come back and take any packing,boxes i dont need and if do how long do they give you.
Im not sure what i will want to keep and what i want to get rid so just thought i ask your thoughts,im in a rental also for 12 months so would it be an idea to keep most for next move or will this be supplied by next moving company when we move.
Shipping company said to me in uk that make sure i have them take packing away as will cost me here to get rid.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 3:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: packing from shipping company?

Originally Posted by brian.w
i used white and co over in uk who use another company here in oz,im wondering when they deliver i can have them take out all the big stuff and place in the room i know they are going,but as i have so many boxes and items and need a bit of time to go through it all can they come back and take any packing,boxes i dont need and if do how long do they give you.
Im not sure what i will want to keep and what i want to get rid so just thought i ask your thoughts,im in a rental also for 12 months so would it be an idea to keep most for next move or will this be supplied by next moving company when we move.
Shipping company said to me in uk that make sure i have them take packing away as will cost me here to get rid.
You should have already have covered that with the delivering company - I know I was asked to fill out a delivery form. They will unpack everything for you, or you can unpack some later but if you want them to remove the packing materials you will probably have additional fees to pay. We unpacked some stuff ourselves, and saved the boxes for moves further down the line - anything not wanted has been filling up the recycling bin every fortnight

One thing to consider is your insurance, and at what point after delivery you would be able to make a claim.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think that they would take the packaging.I can't see them hanging round while you unpack.Flatten down the boxes and if you have a shed store them as you may need them again when you leave.Otherwise you can either put them on gumtree for free or put out with the recycling.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

i did not take my insurance out with shipping company but insure your move so im wonering how long i have after they stuff has been delivered to make any claims if i find anything broken,damaged etc
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
i did not take my insurance out with shipping company but insure your move so im wonering how long i have after they stuff has been delivered to make any claims if i find anything broken,damaged etc
Did you not ask this question at the time?.You ask so many questions on everything else I'm surprised you left this one out.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I didn't think that they would take the packaging.I can't see them hanging round while you unpack.Flatten down the boxes and if you have a shed store them as you may need them again when you leave.Otherwise you can either put them on gumtree for free or put out with the recycling.
Our AU removal company did offer to come back and pick up any unwanted packing material a few days after they delivered...in the end, we elected to keep the packing boxes (as others have suggested) for any moves down the line