Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

packing for october

packing for october

Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice
Default packing for october

hello all ..

can anyone tell me as a rough guide what sort of clothes to pack and bring with me for our arrival at the end of september ( in sydney)..

i will be starting work on the 1st october and am wondering if i should bring some warm jumpers/winter heavy coat etc in my suitcase (but i only have a 20kg baggage allowance with singapore airlines as i am on a 457 visa) or should i put them in container that should be arriving some time mid november??

thanks
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

itsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: packing for october

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
hello all ..

can anyone tell me as a rough guide what sort of clothes to pack and bring with me for our arrival at the end of september ( in sydney)..

i will be starting work on the 1st october and am wondering if i should bring some warm jumpers/winter heavy coat etc in my suitcase (but i only have a 20kg baggage allowance with singapore airlines as i am on a 457 visa) or should i put them in container that should be arriving some time mid november??

thanks
Hiya,

I am in sydney and although I havent been here in sept/oct time yet I dont think you will need your winter coat. Considering it's the middle of winter now I haven't worn my winter coat yet. You may need a couple of jumpers for the evenings perhaps but as it will be getting towards spring time you wont need anything warmer

Good luck with the move and starting your job

Neet

ps. whereabouts in sydney will you be?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice
Default Re: packing for october

Originally Posted by Neet Neet
Hiya,

I am in sydney and although I havent been here in sept/oct time yet I dont think you will need your winter coat. Considering it's the middle of winter now I haven't worn my winter coat yet. You may need a couple of jumpers for the evenings perhaps but as it will be getting towards spring time you wont need anything warmer

Good luck with the move and starting your job

Neet

ps. whereabouts in sydney will you be?
hi and thanks for the reply!
we will be in manly for the first 4 weeks as we have accomodation provided for that period..but after that who knows!..we would love to be somewhere by the sea if at all possible but worringly rents seem very high in manly so we will probably go a little further north..mona vale looks quite nice but we dont know if it will be a bit too quiet up there or not..we are trying to find somewhere that we might be able to afford to buy a 3 bed place in in a few years if we manage to get PR status as we have a little boy who is 3 and we dont want to be moving him all over the place.
where are you?