Packing Methods

Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

peggy76 is on a distinguished road
Default Packing Methods

we have the shippers coming on Monday. and have got a few item that i'm not sure how they could pack safely. ( So they get to Sydney in one piece. ) We have a plasma ball which the glass is ever so thin. and then we have a framed canvas print. would it be worth buying some plywood to sandwich the print or will the shippers have there own methods? Yes i no probably not important But hey i'm a women n i worry
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packing Methods

Originally Posted by peggy76
we have the shippers coming on Monday. and have got a few item that i'm not sure how they could pack safely. ( So they get to Sydney in one piece. ) We have a plasma ball which the glass is ever so thin. and then we have a framed canvas print. would it be worth buying some plywood to sandwich the print or will the shippers have there own methods? Yes i no probably not important But hey i'm a women n i worry
If its really special, they would make you special wooden boxes for each item. Ours did this for my big fish tank and it got here in one piece..though AQIS did open it to see if the fish were still alive.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:22 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
If its really special, they would make you special wooden boxes for each item. Ours did this for my big fish tank and it got here in one piece..though AQIS did open it to see if the fish were still alive.
Do NOT trust your packers.

They pack for a living for a reason.

You've got more chance of your plasma ball arriving in one piece if you put it in your hand luggage.

You can pack your delicate items yourself and then sign to say that you packed them. Easy.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by peggy76

Do you still have the box the plasma ball came in? We have a plasma ball and we just stuck in the original box and it went inside a bigger box with a million other items and it came out the other end just fine. Good luck
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

peggy76 is on a distinguished road

thanks to you all for replying. with the amount of other stuff we have got for the hand luggage we just wouldn't be able to fit it in. And no i don't have the original box it is about ten years old But my other half is insistent it goes. well the shippers are due this afternoon so i will see what they say thanks again